Sunday, August 20, 2006

Chocolate Cake to "Dah" For

If you or anyone you know is a chocolate lover, you've GOT to try this recipe. I got it from my mom--my inspiration, and the Queen of cakes--and both she and I have made it for many a party and it is ALWAYS a hit.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together:

1 box chocolate cake mix (it's best with a chocolate cake mix, but you could also use a Butter or Yellow cake mix as well)
1 small box milk chocolate instant pudding (3.9 oz)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup oil
1/2 cup water
3 eggs

Beat for 2-3 minutes at medium speed
Stir in 9 oz chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
Bake at 350 for one hour, but check after 50 minutes. I have used two 9-inch round pans to make a layer cake, and I have also used a bundt cake pan and that works too. If you make a layer cake, use any frosting you choose and put goodies both in between the layers and on top. For a bundt cake, mix your goodies with your frosting and pour over a completely cooled cake.

**Goodies can be whatever you choose. A couple of yummy ones are Cracklin' Oat Bran, crushed Snickers, crushed Heath Bar, Hershey's Hugs (save some to sprinkle on top of the frosted cake), candy bars, etc.

Note: If you use muffin tins, bake 24 muffin liners for 23-27 minutes.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey you never made that for me in college! he he. Sounds amazing. Can't wait to try it out!

Lauren said...

Ben's reading with me, he says we HAVE to try it this week. : ) thanks for the recipe!