Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Justin 99.5

So, now that I have a 45-minute commute every morning, I had to find something to listen to that would keep me awake on the road. Unfortunately, my XM radio membership has expired and that isn't exactly an expenditure that is in the monthly budget for now. I thought about getting the Book of Mormon or some other book on tape to make me feel productive on my way to and from work everyday, instead of mindlessly flipping through radio stations trying to find a song I like. I haven't yet gone to the library to check out the books on tape; but, I happened to find a radio show that is pretty entertaining!

"The Morning Mess" on HOT 99.5 is a pretty funny morning show, and, more importantly, their hosts don't annoy me. I'm sure you've all heard dozens of radio hosts that just grate on your ears so much so that you can't even bare to listen to them and you change the channel as soon as there is a break in the playlist. These guys, Mark and Kris, among others, have really nice voices, they talk about topics that interest me (not really intellectually stimulating, but who really wants that at 7:30am anyway?!), and they are pretty funny. I think I would like to be friends with them...but for now, I will just pretend to be their friend as they drive with me to work every morning.

On Tuesday, in honor of Justin Timberlake's release of his new albumn, the Morning Mess decided to rename their entire station for the day. They were no longer HOT 99.5, they were JUSTIN 99.5. They did not have the HOT Hollywood HOTsheet, or HOT Headlines; they had the Hollywood JUSTIN sheet. And, they played Justin music all day long--some throwback tunes to his N'SYNC days and also some unreleased songs on his new album. Even though I don't consider myself a huge Justin Timberlake fan, I thought their promotion idea was pretty clever and it was kinda fun to hear all the old N'Sync songs I used to listen to in High School. Needless to say, I think I'll keep my radio tuned in to HOT 99.5's Hot Morning Mess!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

45 mintues- ouch!! I had 30 minutes in Austin but in Reno my commute is only ten minutes and I love it. we are saving a lot ofn gas too. But I remember my fave dj's and it really helps the time pass. Books on tape sound like a good idea too though!