Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I love going back to San Diego. Just flying into the San Diego airport makes me so happy! It didn't matter that our plane was delayed nearly two hours and instead of spending the afternoon at the beach, we had to head straight to Del Mar for a rehearsal dinner, running all the way to change, touch up makeup and hair and still walking in late to dinner. I was just thrilled to be back.

Our friends Kristin and Anthony got married on Saturday morning. Beautiful couple, beautiful ceremony, beautiful weather...it was the perfect day! After the temple, we had a few hours to kill before the reception and I took Mike to my old summer-stomping grounds--the La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club. While we lived in San Diego, my family used to spend almost everyday of the summer there, and I thought it only appropriate to take Michael to a place that holds so many of my childhood memories. It was a beautiful afternoon and although we may have gotten a little too much sun (and by "we", I mean "Michael), we had a great time!

Later that afternoon, we drove to Hemet, CA for the reception. It got about 25 degrees warmer the farther inland we drove, but the party was in a gorgeous backyard built for entertaining! They had a smoothie station in one part of the backyard and it was the perfect treat for a hot evening. It was so much fun to spend the weekend with so many friends, and many whom we don't get to see very often. It was a very short trip to San Diego, but we packed a lot in!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

What a darling couple (you guys and Anthony and his bride). I hadn't remembered that she was from Cali.

BTW- did you get that white jacket while you were in San Fran this spring? It looks familiar.

mattnbeth said...

whose the grooom? it looks like michael is in that pic! i love san diego too, but its not my home town. that is and always will be my fav temple. gorgeous. i love the pic of you two. so cute.

Granum Family said...

I love San Diego! I love that temple there too... sooo pretty! What a fun weekend!

taryn said...

Heid, you guessed it...the jacket is one and the same!
Beth--haha, funny! Mike totally does look like the groom, although it is actually Anthony on the other side. Funny, too, is that my dress is very similar to Kristin's, so with just a quick glance (and not paying attention to the Temple in the background), you might think Mike is the groom! hee hee