Monday, November 05, 2007

T Cakes


I saw this painting when I was at the National Gallery two weeks ago and I knew I had to have it! (Ok, so I settled for the print.) Baking cakes--baking anything, really--is one of my most favorite things to do! My mom is the queen of cake-baking and somewhere along the way, she must have instilled that passion in me. I love baking so much, in fact, that one day I hope to open a bakery that will be called "T Cakes". Not sure when exactly I will put this plan into action, but I've already got a couple investors lined up! ;) For now, I will put this print in my kitchen to inspire me...and one day, when the time is right, I will move it to decorate the walls of my bakery.

8 comments:

Granum Family said...

Oh I can't wait for T Cakes!!! You are such an amazing baker, there will be lines coming out the door with people waiting for your yummy treats.

Heidi said...

I am so glad you bought that print- it really is perfect. Can't wait until someday I can try out your cakes too!

abbie said...

taryn, i am hoping you even remember me, i look at your blog ocassionally thru lauren's.. i actually really love to bake too and consequently love this! what's the print called?

blythe said...

I can't wait to visit T Cakes! Yum!

lauren ann said...

We'll invest...as long as we get free T-Cakes that look like this:)

Lindsey from The R House said...

i'm in!

Jessica F. said...

Can I be your first customer? You can try out any of your baking on me. I LOVE anything you make!
The print is perfect!!

mattnbeth said...

sounds yummy! i hope it comes true and i will be one frequent visitor!