Sunday, April 06, 2008

Reese's Blessing

Reese was blessed in church last week and she had visitors fly in from all over to be there! (such a popular little girl!) Michael's sister Lindsey and her son Tyson came to town, and my parents came with Dean for the momentous occasion. Another fun and special part of the day was that my mom made the dress that Reese wore for her blessing. It was gorgeous! My mom even included some of the lace that was used to make my wedding dress. Michael gave Reese the sweetest blessing...I started to get very emotional, but then had to get a grip so that I could concentrate on the words he was saying. And Reese, a trooper as ever, calmed down right before her blessing and even spit out her binkie so that all could see her beautiful face.

Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures at church and Reese was less than thrilled to be woken up from a nap to be changed back into her dress for pictures. Poor little lamb.

7 comments:

Lyns said...

She is so beautiful! I LOVE that dress. Your mom is so talented. What a little doll. You look great too mama! It almost makes me cry right now to think about Ava's blessing! Time flies by so fast. I'm sure Michael did an awesome job!

Heidi said...

I had no idea your momma was such a seamstress- the dress really is beautiful!!

And Tar you look so cute, it is good to see your beautiful face on here!

Lindsey from The R House said...

what a grand event! i have some pictures that i need to get to you!

the dress is beautiful her, but stunning in real life ...much like little reese.

love you guys!

Lindsey said...

What a gorgeous dress! I love it and Reese is just a gorgeous too!

Granum Family said...

The dress is beautiful! Reese is just adorable and you look so cute too!

blythe said...

Wow, the dress is so beautiful. I can't believe your mom made it! You look beautiful too Tar!

Lauren said...

gorgeous gown! :) mom told me to go ahead and send my leftover fabric now... so she can prepare. No, I'm not making an announcement. Wish I could have been there.