Thursday, January 29, 2009

Reese revealed

Most of my posts are about Reese, it's true. But, I usually write about the milestones she hits and not about the cute little things she does everyday. I tell my sisters that she gets more and more fun everyday, but they don't always hear about the little things she does that make me melt. For journal purposes, I think it's time I made note of a few of these things. So, get comfy, this is going to be a long one.

Reese loves music! A few months ago, Michael started playing songs for her on YouTube while they sat at the table together--her favorite is Baby Beluga--and now the second she hears music, even coming from commercials on TV, she gets a big smile on her face and starts bouncing her knees. It's like she can't help herself...as soon as she hears music, her body just has to move! She usually starts dancing and then looks to make sure I am enjoying the music as much as she is. My favorite is when she does it during church. After a couple of speakers, when it seems that Reese's mind couldn't be farther away from the meeting, as soon as the music starts, she starts waving her arms (as though she is leading the music) and clapping her hands. I try to be reverent, but the first time she did that, Michael and I were both cracking up!

Reese is a girly girl, through and through. She loves baby dolls! She loves to hold them and carry them as she walks around the house. The best is when she cuddles her baby dolls because instead of hugging them to her chest, she holds them up to her ear (or maybe she is going for her cheek). And she smiles so big! Grandma Gee Gee has a doll at her house that is Reese's favorite, hands down. The other night when we were over there, Reese would NOT let this baby out of her sight. She wouldn't even put her down to eat her dinner. (And, like a girly girl, she hated it when the baby's headband fell off--she kept running right over to me to replace the headband on baby's head.) Sometimes Reese wants to be cuddled when she is cuddling her babies, and I am more than happy to oblige. It is so sweet, I could cry!

The week after Reese learned to walk, she got more and more confident in her skills. First, she ventured from the living room down the hallway; then she tried turning 180 degrees from the hallway and coming right back to the living room. Next she decided to try longer distances without stopping. Since our place isn't that big, she did this by walking laps around the living room, through the dining room, to the kitchen, and back to the living room. What a crack up.

Reese also loves to read. Sometimes she will sit in my lap and let me read a book to her, but most of the time she likes to just flip through the pages in her books--either that or she is a speed reader!!! Reese loves the touch and feel books and she LOVES to see herself in her mirror book. Whenever there is a mirror on the page, she will put her face up to it so that her nose touches the mirror (and usually some drool falls out). It kills me!

Reese has become quite the playful little tike. Her newest game takes place during nap time. I put her down in her crib with her binky and lovey and she usually lays right down and cuddles her lovey. Lately, though, shortly after I leave the room, I hear the distinct sound that a binky makes when it is thrown overboard onto a wood floor. Then a few minutes later, after some talking from Reese, I hear the sound of her slapping her palm against the top of her crib (as if to say, "hello--come and get me!"). A few days ago we had a particularly tricky nap time and when I went in to calm Reese down and try for the 5th time to get her to go to sleep, not only had she thrown her binky overboard, but she had also thrown out her lovey, her two blankets, and both socks! I tried so hard to keep a straight face, so that she would know I meant business, but she had the sweetest little grin, that I had to cover my face. What a toad!

Just in case you didn't gather from a previous post about Reese, let me just tell you: she puts EVERYTHING in her mouth! She will find any little speck on the carpet or floor--fuzz from a sock, a crumb, an old Cheerio, ABC gum--and stop to pick it up and put it in her mouth. Sometimes when I try to stop her from putting, let's say, my cell phone into her mouth, she gets this look in her eye and comes at my like she is going to bite me. Such a doll, isn't she? The other day when we were at a friends house, she was having such a fun time walking around and finding new things to play with. But a couple times, she came out of the bedroom and as soon as she saw me, the look on her face gave her away. It was a look that said, "Ooh, Mom, if you knew what I have in my mouth, you would be mad!" The first time it was the tip of a pink crayon. The second time it was some kind of gold coin. I promise I was watching her, but after that she received my undivided attention.

I think that's probably enough for now...if anyone is still reading. These are just some of the little things that Reese does to make life so sweet!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

It is still so funny to read "she comes running to me" like it is no big deal!

Max will also throw his binky out of the crib and he can't even stand so he pulls the bumper down so he can get his hands through the slats- it kills me. I've said it a million times but wish he and Reese could play on a regular basis!

Lauren said...

I was giggling the whole time I was reading this post. I love it. post more and more! and more! and it would be even better accompanied by video of each 'reveal'. love this post and love reesie-roo!

Jessica F. said...

I LOVE that girl!

Lindsey from The R House said...

i agree with lauren...videos with each reveal. keep feeding us starving aunties.

love her sweater in the photos. delish!

Yanni said...

I love those little things that only a mom would know and love about their girl. I really enjoyed reading them and only wish i was there to see it all! miss you!

Tessa said...

Oh, how cute! I was grinning and laughing the entire time I read this post. She is so cute! I wish I could see her more! You are such a cute mom!

blythe said...

I loved reading this post about Reese. She sounds likes such a sweetie. Love the picture.

Kelly Dowling Stimpson said...

Love the sweater - I think Mommacat bought that for her, no?
Taryn, you have to post about her "what sound does your nose make" When we were Ichatting this morning, I cracked up at her leaning her nose in to you to make the sound, always bringing out a giggle from Reese. How many times could you do that in a row and she would still giggle?