Saturday, March 14, 2009

Beautiful Baby



These are a few pictures from the photo shoot I had with Reese last month for the Beautiful Baby contest on Regis and Kelly. (photos could not be professional and they had to have been taken in the last month) Probably just like every other mother, I thought my baby had a good shot--if not at the grand prize, then at least at the top ten! Yes, I know how it sounds. I tried to tell myself that there were over 300,000 entries and that the chances were slim to none. But, deep down, a part of me dared to hope.

Well, I hate to say it, but last Monday Regis and Kelly announced their top ten finalists...and Reese was not one of them. Boo. Did anyone see those finalists? I must say, I didn't think at least half of them were that cute. Still, like a good sport, I voted for my favorite 5. On Friday, the top five finalists were on the show and they announced the winner of the grand prize--$125,000 toward her college education! At least three of the five kids that were on the show didn't even look as cute as their pictures. (do I sound bitter?) The baby that won was one that I voted for and she was pretty dang cute, I will admit. But, I still think I have a beautiful baby.

9 comments:

alma and nicole smith said...

i totally know how that is. i entered in pictures of jagger for a gap casting call and he didn't get chosen...and the models they have, i swear my guys cuter than :) reese really is a cutie, keep the pictures coming!

Granum Family said...

That's so funny, I totally sent in a picture of Kenzie too. Reese and Kenzie are much cuter than those babies!!! :)

Abby said...

Don't worry, as an unbiased (okay, maybe a little biased, but at least I'm not related) judge, I can tell you that Reese is totally a beautiful baby.

Lindsey from The R House said...

i would have voted for her!

Heidi said...

I totally would have voted for Reese! I didn't even know that show was having a beautiful baby contest. Every time someone comes to our house and sees her face on our fridge (V-day card) they comment on what a beautiful baby she is!

If they ever have a most rugged, totally handsome contest I am so entering Max ;-)

Jessica F. said...

Who do they think they are??? Reese is by far the cutest!!!

Tessa said...

If I had money, I'd give $125,001 to Reese towards a college education, so THERE, Regis and Kelly. :)

Carrie said...

I would have to agree with you, Taryn. Reese is darling. Regis & Kelly obviously don't know what beauty is. :)

Lauren said...

Tessie you are hilarious.
From my point of view:
It's like I ALWAYS say..."we are surrounded by idiots!"