Saturday, May 16, 2009

an apple a day


Reese has never met an apple that she didn't like. And until the other day, she had only every tried applesauce, apple juice and freeze dried apples. Whenever we get apples at the store, she always wants to hold them and sometimes gets frustrated when I don't give her a whole apple to bite into. But this week Aunt Lili was in town...and Reese saw her window of opportunity! After dinner was over and I was trying to get Reese ready for bed, Reese went into the kitchen, where Lindsey was cleaning up the dinner dishes (LOVE HER!) and pointed to the bowl of apples. And once Reese got her hands on that apple, she was not letting go!

I know that apples can be baby choke food, so not to worry, we were watching very closely to make sure any bite Reese did actually bite off was not too big. Her teeth aren't quite big enough yet to dig in and get a big bite, but she can shave off little strips. Mostly it was just the juice (and her slobber) that was drenching the front of her shirt. Next time I'll be sure to have a bib on her.

7 comments:

Andrea Hatch said...

Reese is so adorable!!! That video is so cute! I love how much she loves eating.

Jessica F. said...

I LOVE that girl! Apples are my favorite as well. She is the cutest!!!

Lauren said...

Wait, this reminds me of something... but what? Oh yea, the way she's been going after Jeffrey (lovey) since she was a little bebeh! And I love how she rests her head on the apple in between bites - and how she looks at the camera for smiles. what a dolllllll

Erin said...

Hey Taryn,
I found a link to your blog from the Burt's blog and decided to pop in and say hi. Your little Reese is such a cutie! I'm so excited to get to know her and you better with YW's!

My little Sam LOVES apples, too. I will peel a whole apple and then just give it to him to munch on. Having the skin peeled alleviates some of the choking hazard and will keep him occupied for quite some time. :)

Erin

Erin said...

Oh... here's a link to our family blog incase you're interested. :)

http://msolivia.blogspot.com

or I have a silly blog I write at called

http://thehaphazardlife.blogspot.com

McCall Oviatt said...

Oh, little Reese! What a delicate little eater! We wished you both were at Lauren's this weekend. Can't wait to see you when you visit next!

Lindsey from The R House said...

oh my heavens tyson and reese are going to have a blast together! tyson is sitting here watching with pride. giggling and then saying when the video ends, "do it again, mama. do it again. reesie roo ...giggle, giggle."