Thursday, July 02, 2009

wedding reception

After a great week in Utah, Reese and I met my mom at the Salt Lake airport to fly with her up to Montana for a visit.  First order of business: we had to quickly plan a menu, get everything we needed and start preparations for a wedding reception the following evening.  The bride and groom said they wanted the function to be very casual, which made things a little easier on us.

This is what was on the menu:
Creamy Artichoke dip with pita chips
Turkey Wraps with cranberry cream cheese
Pear Walnut Salad with Gorgonzola
Chocolate covered truffles 
Meringues with chocolate chips (I cannot get enough of them!)

With only one major setback--the truffles were a result of a batch of yellow cupcakes that had overflowed in the oven...they wouldn't work as the cupcakes I had intended, so we crumbled the delicious bottoms of each cupcake and made truffles instead--the food was a hit!

While my mom and I were plating the food and arranging the tablescape, I happened to look over to see this:
Luckily, I got to her in time before she had actually gotten her fingers in the frosting!  This girl loves cupcakes--and she loves to say cupcakes every time she sees them!  And Reese had been such a good girl while we made the food, taking two good naps on party day, that I decided to give her a break and share one.  She deserved it!





2 comments:

the three barrons said...

You Stimpson women are so creative! I've tried that Shrimp and Orzo recipe and it's amazing. Beautiful tablescape and even more beautiful Reese! She has grown up so much- I wish I could meet her!
Maybe I'll steal some of your creative ideas in the future, if that's okay... :)

Andrea Hatch said...

Beautiful foods!! Gosh, it makes me so hungry!