Sunday, January 09, 2011

Alabama State Fair

Michael and I took Reese to the Alabama State Fair when it passed through Montgomery and it was a blast! Reese loved all the rides and it was so fun to watch her on them. Every time she went around she would wave to me and squeal as if she has never had more fun in her life! Hilarious.
(of course she picked the pink horse)


Yes, that is Reese squealing every time she goes around--I could not stop laughing at her! Oh, to be two and at your very first fair!
Reese was a real trooper--I made her pose on every single ride!




It was hilarious to watch Reese in the bumper boats! It looks like she is in the tank alone, but I promise there were other kids (it's just that the rest of my pictures from this ride were blurry). I think the boats must have been a little tricky to control because the kids couldn't move on their own unless the ride worker gave them a push. One poor kid got stuck going around and around in circles and started balling. Once Reese realized that she could stick her hand in the water, she quit even trying to steer and just started splashing around.


(I mean, is this kid having fun, or what?!)
We got Reese and ice cream cone with rainbow sprinkles, which she thought was the best thing ever! (until it started melting and Michael started eating the cone...that did not go over well) I finally got to try a deep fried candy bar (I have wanted to for years!) and it was yummy. I thought the outside would be a little bit crisper, but it basically tasted like a funnel cake with gooey chocolate inside. How bad can that be?
And the night ended with a performance by Blake Shelton. Not a bad get for Montgomery, AL, eh? I can't wait to go again next year!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

YAY new posts! I seriously cannot believe how much older Reese is looking. It's been too long, I want to see you guys

Lauren said...

You should show Reese the Mary Poppins scene where they ride carousel horses... she would get a kick out of that.

And loving the picture on the boat - oh, and that giant whale, too cute! I bet she was in heaven!

great posts tar.

Lauren said...

ps cute pic of you and the ice cream

Kelly Dowling Stimpson said...

"Is this kid having fun, or what?" - which kid? :) HOW FUN!!

chelsea said...

Very cute little kid!


Washington Fishing Charter | Windows 7