Wednesday, June 08, 2011

st. george's island

I am so far behind in posts, it's embarrassing. Better late than never, though, right?

We headed to the beach for a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with friends. The house that we stayed at was fantastic, right on the beach (so convenient with the little ones!) with the most beautiful views! We saw dolphins swimming each day, played at the beach, played at the pool, went surf fishing, played games and ate plenty of food. It was the perfect relaxing weekend.

Hudson's first day at the beach
Reese and Mason paling around

lots of digging in the sand and building castles

this little girl does not like to get her face wet...
...but she is always a trooper when Mom makes her do it anyway.

Michael was so excited to go surf fishing. He fished every night, and let the kids try their hand in it too. I'm pretty sure he was the favorite that night.
One night when I went out to keep him company, he let me cast the rod and look what I caught! We brought it home and he cleaned it and cooked it. I think it was the first time I've ever caught a fish and certainly the first time I've ever seen my dinner all the way from the ocean to the plate.
It was so nice to have a little getaway and to enjoy the beautiful weather at the beach. I even stole an hour away at the beach by myself with my book while the kids slept. Dreamy! Reese was in heaven having lots of friends to play with 24/7, and Hudson loved the beach so much he even slept through the night for the first time! Like I said, the perfect relaxing weekend.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

ooh fun. I love beach trips!