Monday, October 22, 2007

A long time coming...

Eighteen long months ago, it seemed like we would never get here. It seemed like lightyears before we would get to be with Lindsey again. But, today my parents went to Guatemala to pick up Hermana Stimpson! (I would give anything to be there for that reunion!) They are spending this week in Guatemala with her, visiting some families that she taught and touring the area, and then they fly back to the US next Tuesday! Lauren will get to spend some time with Lindsey and my parents, during their three-hour layover in Salt Lake City. So jealous!
Wow, our family has changed since then...Tessa was in Tonga the day Lindsey went to the MTC--that's why she's not in this picture; Dean was probably still in school in Montana. I remember Lindsey's last words to Lauren as they hugged goodbye, "Don't get married while I'm gone."...uh...oopsies! There are two more brothers-in-law that Lindsey will get to know (I'm pretty sure she met both Ben and Duffy before she left)...and then she will have a new niece in February!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Taryn, I love this blog. I want you to know I check your blog almost daily to see what's new. I realized today that I could just call you- oops. I'll call you, like a sister should. Also- I have decided to start my blog now. I wanted to begin a few days ago- but I couldn't think of a clever name. So, as soon as I think of a good name, I will be blogging! Call you soon. Love

Heidi said...

Wow that is really so exciting and I am thrilled for your fam to have her back but also that she had that opportunity to serve. It is hard to believe it has been 18 months. And I am dying those were her last words to Lauren- I had no idea!

Jessica said...

So fun! I am glad your sis is coming home!

Lindsey from The R House said...

i forget how much lindsey and your mom look alike! i can't wait for you to see her. i know she is dying to chat with you.

hooray for returning missionaries. i bet your parents are BEYOND thrilled to see her!

exciting!!

blythe said...

She defintely has a lot of changes to come back to! How exciting that she is home! What are her plans?

Jessica F. said...

I love it when missionaries come home! There are just about a million things about them that I love.
I am so happy that your family will be reunited!!!!!

alma and nicole smith said...

thats so exciting!!! my sister just went into the MTC yesterday!! so we have 18 long months waiting for her to come back. we just got the same pictures that you posted! i love sister missionaries!!!

Lauren said...

I am debating on whether or not to blog about my breakdown in wal-mart... just the other day. I remember the day at the MTC like it was yesterday, it's so strange to think how much has happened since then. PS - the layover is no longer. Lindsey won't be released yet so she has to fly through seattle with mom and dad. let's cry.

mattnbeth said...

crazy that shes already coming home! cant wait to hear about all the reunions.

ken said...

Hey Taryn-- just wanted to say hi. So I hear you're in VA? I'm in the DC area now, too! If you ever want to do something, let me know. Your family looks amazing as always-- and congrats on the baby girl! I can't believe Stephanie Meyer was here... I've only read the books in the past month, but I am now a huge fan...