Sunday, October 07, 2007

It's a Girl!

Michael and I found out this week that we are having a little, baby girl! I went in for another ultrasound--this time at the radiology center, where they have a much bigger machine--and the doctor gave me the good news! All is well with the baby...they checked, and took pictures and measurements of every body part to make sure the baby is healthy and growing like she should...both feet look good, both hands appear to have all the right fingers, her heart has all four chambers, her heartbeat is strong...but my favorite part was seeing her face. It looked like she was trying to suck on something and the doctor said, "Oh, she's swallowing." I would rather not think about what it is she is actually swallowing, but I can say that she has the cutest little lips ever!

It really is fun to be able to call her a "her" now, instead of an "it". And, now that we know who we are buying for, we can let the shopping begin!

13 comments:

niki said...

Hooray!!! I am so excited for you and so excited to see cute baby GIRL Wheatley!

Granum Family said...

Soooo fun! She will be the cutest little girl ever :) How exciting!

Kathy said...

I am so excited for you guys! I am sure she will be adorable!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the happy news! I cannot wait to see how beautiful and spunky a mini-Taryn will be. :) You're going to be pretty much the best mom ever. Love ya! - anna b.

Heidi said...

Yeah a mini-Taryn! Even though I want a boy first, I know shopping for a girl would be loads more fun!! Are you having a shower in Utah???

Lindsey said...

Ahh!! I'm so excited for you guys. Girls are soooo much fun!!

Lindsey from The R House said...

...and i will take that as a green light!

alma and nicole smith said...

yeay!! congrats taryn! i am so happy for you. i had no idea you were so far along to already know what it is! wheres the pictures?!!! i want to see that mommy glow :)

Jessica F. said...

So dang fun!!!

Lauren said...

love you tary - girls rock! hooray for another chica to add to our stimpson girl parties. Note: we will have a shower/luncheon for you whenever you come to UT. Thrown by yours truly.

blythe said...

I can't wait! Girls are definitely more fun to shop for! I hope I can see you all cute and prego!

mattnbeth said...

im so excited for you tar. and i cant wait for the pregnant pics to appear on your blog :) hint hint. congrats again to you and michael. girls are great!

Kelly said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited for you to have a girl!! They are seriously so much fun!!!! I'm glad everything is going great!