Monday, May 12, 2008

First Mother's Day!

My first bona fide Mother's day. It was such a great day...so much fun to spend it with my momma in Montana! My sweet husband sent me the most beautiful, and wonderfully smelling bouquet of flowers--they made the entire kitchen smell of a florist shop! Reese let me sleep in until almost 7am, which is really something considering she has been on Eastern time since we got here (7:30am comes a lot earlier when you are in Montana!). I made the most delicious breakfast for my mom--Puffy Pancakes with Nutty Banana Butterscotch, which she loved even if she didn't get to enjoy it in bed. And I got a box of chocolates at church! Who could ask for more?
Everyone says you appreciate your mother more after you have a child of your own, and let me tell you, never were truer words spoken. And I really thought I already appreciated my mom before! Not only do I appreciate the mother she is to me, but I also appreciate that I can call her about anything and she will know the answer. She supports me and encourages me and makes me feel like I am good mother, and that I know what I am doing even when I am not so sure. All I know is, if I am half the mom my mother is, then we are in really good shape. I have loved being with her in Montana this week and LOVE to see her with Reese. Reese loves her Mommacat, that's for sure! Happy Mothers' Day, Momma. I love you.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I totally agree about appreciating your mom even more after becoming one. I am so amazed my mom did it five times (yours too). I can barely get my mind wrapped around having one! Happy Mother's Day to you both. Reese is a model!

Lyns said...

You and Reese are gorgeous. I totally agree with you about appreciating my mom! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful mother's day!