Monday, June 02, 2008

Cupcake Pops

After being inspired by a guest on Martha Stewart's Cupcake Week, I could not wait to try these cupcake pops! My first attempt was last month while I was in Montana. My mom and I made them for a party she hosted for the graduating seniors in her ward. We made black and orange cupcakes for Flathead High School and blue cupcakes for Glacier--the two high schools in Kalispell. It was quite a process, I must say, and I was happy that I waited until my mom could help me--we had quite the time working out the kinks with this multi-step project! At first we didn't have the right size cookie cutter to shape the cupcakes (it was too deep), so we tried to build a little lift to fit inside the cookie cutter. Then we had to figure out the best way to dip and decorate the cupcakes without them losing their shape or falling to pieces! It was a little frustrating, but mostly fun. It was much easier to laugh at our struggles with my mom...I might have just given up if I had tried by myself.



The finished product was really adorable, and the cupcake pops were a HIT at the party, so I decided to try to make them on my own for a baby shower that I was co-hosting the next week. I did the first few steps by myself and then my friend Jessica came over to help dip and decorate. We ran into a few more issues as we tried to color the white chocolate bark (food coloring turns the melted bark into more of a paste--not a good dipping consistency!). But, again, the finished cupcake pops were so cute, and very popular at the party! Here they are in the centerpiece:

If you want to try them out, check out Bakerella's step-by-step instruction!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

What a cute idea!

Jessica said...

I love your cupcake pops! They were so cute and so so yummy! Big hit!

Tessa said...

Oooh- Yummy! I'm helping host a baby shower later this month and might have to try this! :) I'll be calling for guidance.

Love!

Lindsey from The R House said...

um those are so cute and that photo of you and md at tessa's wedding on the top right is downright breath taking. love you guys!

blythe said...

adorable and so yummy!

Andrea Hatch said...

AHHH!!! I can't believe I missed out on those! They look DELICIOUS!

Kristin Archibald said...

How fun! Love the idea. I am so sad that I didn't get to see you guys last weekend! Hopefully we will make another trip down soon!