Friday, September 18, 2009

reese-ie-roo

Reese is being SO funny right now, and I don't want to forget any of the funny things that she is doing and saying.  Here are a few of the highlights:

While shopping at a boutique in Whitefish, MT, Reese goes rack by rack and says "ooh, I love it" as she is touching the darling clothes.  When she finds a zippy that she likes, with teddy bear ears on the hood, no less, she takes it off the rack and holds it up to me and says, "I try it on?"  My mom and the sales clerk nearly died of laughter!  And later, when I offered her one of two purses, she wanted both.  One on each arm.  The girl does love to shop!  Figures.

Reese and her friend Max were taking turns fake laughing back and forth in their car seats one day on the way to town.  I told Reese that I knew she was faking.  A few days later, she laughs in the car and then says "that's fake!"  (Maybe you had to be there for that one.)

A lot of the time, Reese talks to herself and I can't always understand what she is saying.  One day we were in the car running errands and she was babbling in the back seat.  As I listened closer, I realized that she was praying... she really likes to close her prayers with an enthusiastic "Amen!"

When Reese and I are in the grocery store and she wants to open something that we are planning to buy, I tell her that we have to go "beeps" first and then we can open it.  (The scanner at the check-out makes a beeping noise with each item, and Reese likes to listen for all the beeps.)  One day while we were in the kitchen, Reese found a bag of M&Ms that we bought the day before that she really wanted to open.  After not getting her way immediately, she said "I go beeps!"...you see, she really wanted the same bag of M&Ms at the store the day before, and, since we had actually "gone beeps", how could I say no?

Reese loves to sing songs all day long...she especially loves to sing "Patty-cake, Patty-cake, baker man!" "Roll it, mark it B, for baby and me."  But, my favorite part is that as soon as she is finished with the song, she claps and says, "Yay, Reese-ie-roo!"  By the smile on her face, that might be her favorite part too.

While we were in Montana, Reese and Max loved to do everything together.  If one was playing with the plastic cupcakes, the other wanted to play with the plastic cupcakes.  One day, Max slipped on the end of a rug on the floor, fell face first, and started to cry.  Seeing the attention that Max received from his mother, Reese lay down in the exact position that Max was in when he fell and started fake crying.  The poor thing must be so starved for attention...either that, or she has totally learned to play me.  I'm leaning toward the latter.

When Reese wants me to pick her up, she reaches up and says, "I hold you!"  It melts me.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh this is bringing back some good memories and I couldn't help but laugh. Reese has a great personality! Wee love "Reesie"!

Jessica F. said...

Oh how we love that girl!

Tessa said...

Love the hilarious and adorable memories of Reese! I'm so lucky to have been there in person for most of these. This will be awesome for Reese to read in 15 years. :)

Anonymous said...

dying...could she be any cuter? what personality! can you raise my children also?? (the yet-to-be-had children)