Sunday, October 04, 2009

Dean turns 18!

...and I can hardly believe it!  We celebrated his birthday while I was in Montana last month and I had a blast trying lots of new cupcake recipes.

my two sous chefs hard at work.  Tessa is on the whipped cream and my mom is following with the sprinkles.
this is the finished product of the swirly cupcakes: chocolate cake discs with a mini scoop of ice cream, topped with swirly whipped cream and finished with colorful nonpareils--delicious!

Dean is an all-star baseball player, so naturally, we had to have baseball cupcakes.
these might have been my favorite: snickerdoodle cupcakes with the most delicious 7-minute frosting sprinkled with cinnamon sugar...my mouth is watering
We pulled off a surprise party for Dean, despite the fact that Tessa, my mom and I were in the kitchen all afternoon making enough cupcakes to feed an army.  I guess we do that enough anyway that he wasn't too suspicious.  Dean is the best and we are all so proud of the man he has turned into!  Happy Birthday, Dean!
(Since we have been home, Reese randomly says "Surprise!" and then starts singing happy birthday to Dean.  It is pretty cute.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummm snickerdoodle...that sounds like such a good fall alternative to everything pumpkin!