Friday, January 22, 2010

gleek

This year, in our family Christmas exchange draw, I picked my sister Tessa. My goal every year is to find the perfect gift for the perfect person, and I get SO excited when I do. This year I thought of the perfect gift for Tessa (the Glee soundtrack, volume 1 & 2) pretty early, and felt very sneaky as I contacted her husband to verify that it was, in fact, the perfect gift for her. I wanted so badly to tell her, but didn't want to ruin the surprise (and I am becoming much better at keeping secrets, ever since that one time in 7th grade...it's a long story).

Turns out the perfect gift this year for Tessa was the same perfect gift for Lauren's birthday! (so, I couldn't even tell Lauren about my perfect find! ugh.) When I did finally get to give Lauren her birthday present (and we listened to it all the way from Salt Lake to Montana), I made everyone in the car promise not to speak a word of it until after Christmas morning, when Tessa could open her own. (Turns out none of the secrecy was necessary, since Tessa knew about it all along--thanks, Duffy.) But, I digress.

I could hardly get the soundtrack for two of my sisters without procuring a copy for myself, since I, too, love the show and the music. And I have been listening to it non-stop since I got home. It is so much fun! I admit, I am a gleek. I just wish I were a soprano.

6 comments:

Abby said...

You'll have to help me see what everyone loves so much about Glee. I watched an episode once and didn't like it. Teach me your ways!

Heidi said...

Remember back in MT in September and we just weren't sure if we liked the show or not? It did have some random episodes. Funny though. Ben gave me the first cd for Christmas but I still need the second one!

Why did Duffy give your secret away!?

Lauren said...

Glee rules. I told my friend about the review it got: "bad karaoke". I'll admit some of the songs are sillier than others. Ben even likes it... especially 'bust a move'. I think it takes him back. He gets scared when I start singing along with Kristen Chenoweth's "maybe this time"...if we sisters were playing our game "who sounds most like the singer" - I'd win. :)

Kelly Dowling Stimpson said...

I kind of felt like Heid, but I am certainly willing to give it another go.
So, whassup with Duffy? Can't keep a Christmas secret? Let's all make a mental note of that...Tessa will have to post a wish list.
Love the word "Gleek"! Did you make it up?

Toronto's said...

My neighbor brought me the soundtrack for my birthday it made my day, my week, and my month. I LOVE Glee and can't wait for it to be on again so i can look forward to something to other then the Bachelor.

Tessa said...

Duffy didn't mean to ruin the surprise... he got a text and asked me if "we liked Glee" (duh, of course we do). And then he asked, who's # is this? (read taryn's #). And then I kinda put it together. I am pretty smart after all.

Don't worry - even though it wasn't a total surprise, I still LOVe it!