Monday, April 26, 2010

Tupelo, the place to go!

No, seriously--that's the slogan. That and "We let our hospitality show!" That part really is true, though.

Reese and I have made a couple of trips to Tupelo this month. The first time Reese and I drove over for a couple days to see MommaCat, who was there on business. This weekend, the whole family went for my friend Logan's wedding. Logan and I were doubles partners in high school and we had a blast together (and we were undefeated in the state of Mississippi, I might add)! I was so excited when she told me her wedding would be after we moved to Alabama and I knew I would be able to go. I have been looking forward to this weekend for months!

When my mom was in Tupelo, we met her for lunch at Pepper's--one of my favorite places to eat in high school--and Reese was putting on a show. She kept giving hugs to my mom and telling me to take a picture. It was so precious. That kid is a ham!

(here she is pointing to my mom telling her to take the picture...she is a titch bossy sometimes...we're working on it)
When we went to Tupelo for the wedding last weekend, we stayed with one of my favorite families in this world--the Calhouns. I used to nanny for these kids during the summers and I loved it!
Reese and Anna. When I met Anna, she was about Reese's age and Reese does kinda look like Anna did when she was two.
Hudson and Reese. He was so sweet to let her play with his Lego's, even though she was a bit destructive with what he had already built.
Reese loved playing with their dog Max, and when she found his kennel, she couldn't help herself. She had to get in!

The wedding was a lot of fun and I saw so many friends (and teachers) from high school. I haven't been back to Tupelo in almost five years, and it was not always easy to remember some people's names. I had to hide behind Michael a couple times until I could recall a name and go say hello. (I didn't feel as badly when a friend who still lives in Tupelo told me he had the same problem.) But it was a blast to catch up with so many friends from THS!

The beautiful bride, Logan. She looked gorgeous and her dress was beautiful. As soon as I saw her, it was like we hadn't missed a beat, which is one thing I LOVE about her.
The Porter women.


The next day we got to spend some time with the Calhouns before heading back to Alabama. Here Reese is cleaning the windows with Hudson. Reese wanted to do whatever Hudson and Boatner were doing...even if it was housework.

Cleaning the windows turned into a bit of a water fight.
Boatner demonstrating the zip line for Reese. She tried it, but fell off before I could snap a picture.

It has been so much fun to get back to Tupelo after so long. It felt so normal to be there, even though so much time has gone by. As Michael and I drove down the road, I would say "that is where we did this" and "that used to be there". I think he was a little fed up with me, but he was a good sport. Tupelo holds such fond memories for me and I can't wait to go back!



2 comments:

Lauren said...

ahh tupes! so many great memories - I'm so glad you got to reconnect with friends at the wedding. Reese looks like she's a great playmate - love all the pics of her, she has so many poses. :) (the kennel picture just killed me!)

Lauren said...

ahh tupes! so many great memories - I'm so glad you got to reconnect with friends at the wedding. Reese looks like she's a great playmate - love all the pics of her, she has so many poses. :) (the kennel picture just killed me!)