Monday, March 28, 2011

baby shower

Last week my friends threw a fabulous baby shower for Hudson and me. The shower was scheduled two days before my induction date, which seemed like a good idea at the time; but after my doctor's appointment in which my doctor told me I was dilated to almost a 4, I started to get a little nervous that I would even make it to the shower! Luckily, Hudson was sweet enough to wait for us to have a party for him before he made his debut. It was such a nice party with delicious food, good friends and generous gifts. I mean, check out this spread!

red velvet cupcakes, strawberry soup, fruit, cookies, brownies, crackers and dip, and delicious soup

Reese was so excited to don her party dress and go to her first shower. Every time I go to a shower, she says she can go too since she is a girl and she was thrilled to finally get her chance! One of the guests even brought a gift for Reese so she wouldn't feel left out--is that the most thoughtful thing ever?!

such fun gifts and outfits for baby...just the thing to get me even more excited to meet the little guy

Reese getting a little practice at becoming a big sister.
It was the perfect party and the perfect way to get even more excited about the arrival of our Baby Hudson. Thank you to everyone who came and helped to put it all together!

5 comments:

Lyns said...

Taryn! You look SOOOO cute! I can't believe you're on baby #2. Congrats! Can't wait to see pics of the little guy! (I know from personal experience it is to have a little princess followed by a little dude). :)

Jessica said...

What a fun night! I am glad that baby Hudson waited until your party was over....and Reese in her party dress? Priceless!

Lauren said...

oh reese! that girl loves a party - just like her mom/aunties!

:) can't wait for the post on hudson!

Tracy and Odie said...

i echo lauren's comment. i want a hudson post!!! :)

ruth said...

can i third that??

reese is SO cute. I'll bet she is the perfect big sister!

and strawberry soup?? I'm intrigued... you'll have to post some recipes on it soon. when you have time. Do you even have time with two kids now??:)