Sunday, September 23, 2007

Our Family Album

"I did something kinda wacky. I used photoshop at work today to composite our faces together to see what our kids would look like... see? "Our Family Album"."

Ok, no I didn't. I may be good at some things, but Photoshop definitely isn't one of them. (you get bonus points if you can name the movie, though)

So, instead, I just imagine in my head...what would happen if you took a little bit of this...
...and mixed it up with a little bit of this little musher (the one on the right, though they are clearly both mushers)...


...or maybe if you took some of her features (on the right)...that great, curly hair and sparkling personality (to match her sparkly swimsuit)...


...and added them to this little boy's big blue eyes and cute, little mouth (that opens wide enough to fit an entire cupcake in at once...I think that's what he's eating, anyway) ...


What would you get?

I suppose we will find out soon enough...well, not soon enough for me, but we will find out in February what the first Taryn/Mike combination will come out looking like. "Baby Tike" is expected to arrive on February 13th! Not sure yet if it will be a girl tike or a boy tike, but we will find out at my doctor's appointment this week. After perusing through some of Mike's baby pictures, I am praying that all of our children look exactly like him...such cute, toe head blonde hair and the cutest, mushiest little face!

I really did think about trying to find a website that would mix pictures of me with pictures of Mike to create what our children would look like, but I was a little scared that the outcome would terrify me! (I've seen what they did to Brad and Jen in US Weekly back in the day, and if they can't create a beautiful child with two of the most beautiful people as the parents, then what hope do the rest of us have?!) So, until February, I will just daydream about what our baby will look like and hope for the best!

17 comments:

Lauren said...

yay for baby Wheatley! I am excited, thrilled, jealous and everything in between! I said to Ben, "I've always done everything that Taryn's done...our whole lives!?" what a party pooper he is to break that trend. You can check my blog to see what I think baby Wheatley will look like.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Taryn! You will be a great mother! You took good care of Heidi :-) so I know you will take good care of your little ones.
Have fun with Heidi next month...two preggers tromping around D.C. together will be a blast!
Such fun pictures of you and Mike. The swimsuit picture is the best~love that big hair on both of you!

Granum Family said...

I didn't even know that you were prego!!! Congratulations!!! So excited for you guys! I know your baby will be a perfect mix of the two of you and will be absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Granum Family said...

Oh and I LOVE that line from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days...classic!!!

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness you know I love those musher pictures of you when you were little!!!! Whatever your baby looks like, I just hope it gets some of your amazingly hilarious childhood personality..."We're not twins!!"

Lindsey from The R House said...

FINALLY we can go public! congrats! tears! joy! my heart skips a beat every time i think about it. i seriously CANNOT wait! what a miracle the creation of life is.

*sigh*

there are no words to express. i am so glad that our babies (the cousins) will grow up less than a year apart. here's to you little baby wheatley ...i secretly hope you are a little girl, even though i know tyson would love a little boy. can we get lucky enough to get both?

Jamie said...

AAAHH! Congratulations! I hope she's a girls, so we can have a little love connection between her and Bryson. We're so excited for you! Have you been sick?

Jessica F. said...

Your baby is going to be adorable!

Bobbi said...

Congratulations, Taryn, what great news. If the baby looks like either of you, it will be adorable. Those are cute pics of you and Mike when you were little!

Lindsey said...

Yay! Congrat, Taryn. I'm so excited for you guys. Feb doesn't seem that far away to me for some reason. Can't wait to find out what you are having!! We did this thing at las vegas that took a pic of me and alan and then printed a SCARY picture of what our "daughter" would look like. Happy to report that isobel looks nothing like "her"!

Amanda said...

Congrats! Everyone and their Mom I know is pregnant. 4 of the ladies I work with are... such fun!! Don't worry, I think you guys have a great chance at making some cute little tikes.

mattnbeth said...

i love these cute little pics! i cant wait to see what your baby looks like. by the way, what is it? im thinking boy but i could be wrong. cant wait to find out!

Kelly said...

I'm so excited for you!! I just found out!! You are going to be such a cute mom!! Good luck with everything!

alma and nicole smith said...

woah, did i miss the post where you announced you were pregnant?! CONGRATS!! im so happy for you guys. having a baby is the best...well maybe not the actual "having" it part, but you eventually recover and life is even better than you thought it could be.

blythe said...

Oh I love this post. I can't stop looking at the pics of cute little Tar! I'm so excited for you guys!

Kathy said...

You guys were so cute! I'm sure your baby will be too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Taryn!! I'm so happy for you.. I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen you... now you will have another addition the next time we meet :) Hope you are feeling well and things are going smoothly.. February is a great month to be born, aim for the 18th :) Take care of yourself and thanks for keeping me updated! LYLAS (for the ol' days)