Thursday, January 17, 2008

Baby Shower

Last Saturday, I had the most fun baby shower! Lindsey and Gaye, Mike's sister and mother, hosted the shower and my friend Jessica also helped put the shower together (although, unfortunately she was unable to make it at the last minute--that's what you get for being a super-talented, in-demand stylist, I guess...no one can bear to spare her for even a Saturday afternoon!).

The theme was 'shabby chic' and all things were pink! Here are a few pictures of the table scapes:


Lindsey had all the guests write their mailing addresses on an envelope (for the thank you notes) that doubled as a drawing for the door prize--a beautiful bouquet of pink roses. Genius idea!


The menu consisted of yummy muffins, artichoke dip with Parmesan crisps, baked brie with crackers, Italian chicken salad with croissants, and--let's not forget--a chocolate fountain!

This is me with all the loot--well, ok, you can't see any of the darling outfits I got for baby girl, but they are adorable. I also got a few blankets...that I may not be willing to share with someone who could puke on them with no warning--they are too pretty! I got some funny gifts too--a onesie that says "Don't Laugh--Daddy Dressed Me" and pink shoes that squeak when you push on the sole, so that I will always know where she is when she starts walking. Hilar! And, of course, you can't miss the Graco boxes behind me filled with a car seat, pac n' play, stroller frame, etc. It was a very fruitful day and a very fun party!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

So cute I wish I could have come! That really is a great idea to have the guests write down their address on an envelope and also use it as a raffle. I will have to keep that one in mind in case I plan any showers in the future.

PS- you look so beautiful you really have that incredibly happy, pregnancy glow!!

Lauren said...

I also wish I could have come. You know how I love a good party. We'll have to have a party for you in Montana this summer. Thrown by mom, of course. It will be a 'tea'. I can see it now! Can't wait to see your cute gifts.
Tell Gaye great job! And nice Chippendale Ribband back dining chairs... she has great style!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having great time. All the best.