Thursday, January 03, 2008

Christmas 2007

Michael and I finally got to Montana late on Sunday night, Dec 23rd. Although we were the last to arrive, we still got to have our Casita back! (aka the guesthouse that we called home for six weeks last summer) (see? we are the favorites!) Left on the table in the casita was the itinerary for the following day's events (my mom's doing, of course)--there is only so much time to fit all the fun in, we had to make the most of each day! First on the list, ice hockey on Lake Blaine!


Without going into too much detail of the following days' itineraries, here are some other pictures from our fun-packed trip to Montana:

Playing volleyball/basketball at the Stake Center. I was the cheerleader on the sidelines, boo. Looks like Mike has put on some "sympathy weight" in this picture, eh? Silly boy.
Sledding on the golf course behind my parent's house. We got a lot of snow while we were there, which made our outdoor activities that much more fun! (Again, I had to sit this one out.)
Our annual trip to Moose's Saloon. I'm not sure how we stumbled on this place, but we've made it a point to go to Moose's at least once during each visit. It's quite an experience. And, the pizza is pretty good too!
This is the fam at the food pantry for our "family service project". All ten of us (plus one of Dean's friends) went to the food pantry in town to sort donations. It was actually really fun (although my back was killing me the next day from all the bending and lifting!) and by the end of a couple of hours, we were a well-oiled machine of sorters! I think they said we sorted through 3 tons of food when we were finished!
This pic is from the ski day at Big Mountain. Look how snowwy it is! You couldn't even see any of the green on the trees because thy were completely covered in snow! Lauren said the light was really flat and it was hard to see where they were going...which made me feel much better about sitting that activity out. I prefer to ski on sunny, warm days. I would hate to not see where I was going and get stuck on some moguls! (That has actually happened to me before--it wasn't pretty.)
This is our visit to a litter of yellow lab puppies! So fun! Cutest little mushers! Unfortunately, they were all spoken for, so none of us got to bring one home. But they sure were fun to hold and cuddle! Maybe next time.

Yet another day of skating at Lake Blaine. Can't wait until next time!

11 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness puppy yellow labs that is like my heaven on earth!!!!! I am dying just at the pics. ben makes fun of me because I never get that nuts over human babies. Maybe we should be getting a dog not a baby right now... ha ha j/k! Looks like a grand time with the fam and the itineraries! (PS- if it makes you feel any better I had to sit out all our family sledding, etc activities as well...)

Lauren said...

could you post any DUMBER pictures of me????? I was reading this post with Ben next to me, then I enlarged the girls' skating pic, and ben said, "that isn't the best picture of you" now I'm mad at him too.
it was a fun trip though, I'll give you that. And who has the time or energy to be photogenic in monty?? c'mon now.

any readers of this post, go to www.lallycakes.blogspot.com to see better pictures of me and worse ones of TARYN. :)

Lauren said...

yep, Ben's still laughing at my face in that picture!

Jessica said...

It looks like you had so much fun! The whole family was there! Yay! Bummer for having to sit out on the fun actvities. Good thing my parent's backyard basketball court was covered in snow. (my dad usually tries to keep it clear year round) I really wanted to play, but it was probably a good idea that I didn't.

taryn said...

Lauren, oh, pa-leeze! Who takes a good picture when they are pastey white anyway? And, Ben--c'mon. Doesn't he know not to say things like that?!

Granum Family said...

So fun! I love all the pictures, you all look so cute. You look darling prego too!

Kelly Dowling Stimpson said...

Great selection of pictures. But, didn't you get a picture of Frau Helga at the art studio? Julia FIsher laughed her guts out last night when I showed her the videos of the art studio visit.

Lindsey said...

Looks like such a fun + festive trip! I love that you guys did so much. I can't wait for you to have your baby - so exciting!!

mattnbeth said...

i love these pics. you look so cute tar. sorry you had to miss out on so much. your baby is lucky to have such a nice mommy! :)

Kelly said...

I'm glad you had such a fun time with your family!! I love Christmas family trips!! I bet you are getting so excited now for the baby!!! You are going to have so much fun!

Lindsey from The R House said...

i love that one of md on the ice. he is such a cutie. i never realized how much lindsey and tessa look alike!