Wednesday, August 13, 2008

book party


While we were in North Carolina a couple weeks ago, my sister-in-law Lindsey found a local bookstore that was hosting a launch party for Breaking Dawn! We reserved our copies and went to the party just before midnight to participate in the festivities. There was a station to decorate some sweet masks (I'm not sure if the Masquerade theme has anything to do with the book, but that was the theme that the host chose for the party), a station where you could get your astrology birth chart, and also a station where you could have a Tarot card reading! How could we resist?! It was pretty funny to see only about 6 people at the party when we arrived--the last Stephenie Meyer function I went to had about 1,000 people in attendance. But, it was quite an experience and I was really glad we went...and am even more excited to read all 754 pages of Breaking Dawn.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Ha ah yeah what do masquerade and tarot cards have to do with Twilight? That is hilarious

Hinton Family said...

How fun. I too am so excited to read Breaking Dawn. I read the other books awhile ago so before I read Breaking Dawn I am starting from the beginning.

Lauren said...

you are so adventurous! :) you look great by the way - so do you linds!

natalie said...

I am reading breaking dawn too! I love it so far! I need your email again because I am trying to find the lady who did your family photos. I know you sent it to me once, but I must have deleted it. Sorry and thanks!
nataliejanebeal@hotmail.com

Alisha Haight said...

Taryn,
Hey, I'm glad I came across your blog! It is so cute, and this way I can keep on on little Reese. I can't believe she is rolling already! I just finished Eclipse, and am so excited for Breaking Dawn.

Chad and Mareille Taylor said...

How fun! All that's missing is your Edward Cullen shirt! ha! ha!
you look so good. Are you waisting away or what, do I need to come back out there and feed you?!!!

Andrea Hatch said...

Hilarious!! I love the masks! I would have gone if it had been in D.C.! Then there could have been at least 7 people there.....

becky said...

Taryn,

For more reasons than this, we are SO kindred spirits. Only I tried to go to the Breaking Dawn party with some YW and we showed up a day late. Dang it!!!

But all I really cared about was peeling through those glorious 754 pages. Awww...bliss!