Tuesday, August 25, 2009

T Cakes is OPEN for business!

Lauren told me I better not post any blogs without at least one picture of Reese.
Here is a yet another picture of Reese enjoying a delicious cupcake (if I do say so myself). Where would my little business be without Reese...my best taste-tester? Wait, back up--business, you say? That's right! T Cakes Bakery is open for business. We had our first paid gig this week and it went swimmingly. I was a little nervous at first to take on the project, knowing that I wouldn't have one of my favorite assistants (mom and Tessa) in town to help me. But I was also really excited to prove to myself that I could do it on my own. With a little planning, a lot of time management, and a couple of Elmo videos, I was able to make a dozen sunflower cupcakes for the tablescape at the wedding reception and six dozen mini sunflower cupcakes to be served. I had SO much fun and the cupcakes were a hit (again, if I do say so myself)!


Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the plated cupcakes at the reception, but you get the idea.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

They are darling! Way to go friend!

Cardon & Whitney said...

AMAZING! You did such a good job. I'll come join Reese and be a taste-tester anyday.

Abby said...

Good job! Now where's the photo of your fancy rose cake, hmmm? :)

Lindsey from The R House said...

cha-ching!

...and i agree with lauren. MORE REESE!

Lauren said...

ohhh yum! I want to try one of these... I may not be a helper, but like Reese, I love taste testing!

see you soon!

Jessica F. said...

I can't wait to hire you for my next party! You really are amazing!!!

tara said...

Taryn-- those are amazing!! flawless! Can I be part of T-cakes too?? I have no skills to offer except a very high sugar tolerance. I want more details. Seriously- the cupcakes for my shower were incredible! I thought they were from a bakery except they tasted so much better!