Wednesday, November 04, 2009

growing up...

Warning: This post may contain some "potty talk".



Guess who went peepee in the potty tonight!!!!! Yes, Reese! I think she was probably as surprised as I was, but she did it! Ever since she took her diaper off in her crib during a non-nap and pooped in her bed, we have been talking about going potty on the potty. Usually, she tells me after she poops in her diaper that she needs to go poopy in the potty. Other times she tells me she needs to go potty and she just sits there for a minute. She repeats all the things I tell her while she is on the potty, like "I gotch-you, I gotch-you" and "go 'head". But she never actually goes to the bathroom, so then we get off the potty and go get a new diaper.



Last night before bed, she told me she had to go potty. To be honest, sometimes it is a pain to strip her down (she can have nothing on her bottom half in order to sit on the potty) to sit on the potty for 90 seconds just to have to layer her back up afterward. But, I figured I shouldn't discourage any progress in this area, so I took her to the potty and let her do her thing. When lo and behold, some pee came out!!!! I don't think either of us was expecting it, based on the look on her face. I did my best to praise her and let her know what a big deal this is and what a big girl she is for going potty like a big girl, while also trying not to scare the little dear. For the rest of the night, she said, "I go poopy on the potty" and I had to correct her.

I'm not sure if we are really ready for pull-ups just yet, but I am so proud of Reese for being such a big girl! They grow up so quickly, don't they?

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Max always tells me when he has to go poop- before and after! However the one time I put him on the toilet he bawled. I don't even think we are going to tackle that boat again until next summer.

Way to go Reese!

Jessica F. said...

She is so big time these days! I can't get enough of that girl.

Tessa said...

whoa! way to go reese!

Lauren said...

tootsie roll jar on top of the fridge - treats for going potty?? love you baby reese!