Saturday, November 21, 2009

singing songs

Reese loves to sing songs!  When we tell her it is time to go to church, she says, "Go to nursery?  And sing songs?"  She sings all the time, it is so much fun!  She is starting to be better about singing for the camera, but she still gets a little bit shy.

I think these are the words:
Three little monkeys swinging in the tree,
(Teasing Mr. Alligator, "Can't catch me, no, you can't catch me.")
Along comes Mr. Alligator, quiet as can be,
And snapped that monkey right out of the tree.

Sorry, my camera ran out of space before she could get the last word in there.

Popcorn Popping 
Like I said, sometimes it is hard to get her to sing for the camera.  In this one, she starts with a whisper (listen closely!) and is much too busy playing with the doors of her toy refrigerator to even look up.  This video is a few weeks old, and she is really much better at it now, but her favorite part is still "smells so sweet" (with the inhale).

lyrics:
I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise,
Popcorn popping right before my eyes.
I can take a handful and make a treat,
A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet.
It wasn't really so, but it seemed to me,
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.

As you can see, Reese likes to jump around a little bit.  But, it is so much fun to sing songs with her!!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Max learned to love popcorn popping at nursery too. I'll have to show these videos to him when he wakes up from his nap.

PS- the other day I was trying to get him to say Livies (what we call my neice Olivia) and he just kept saying Reese.

Jessica said...

I LOVE her! How cute is her singing???

Matthew was totally hooked, too. He loves his friend Reese!

Lauren said...

Holy Hannah I hope that refrigerator has a warranty - Reese was crazy with it! She would be a world-class card-shuffler or cup stacker.

I was laughing the whole time. She is a total RIOT. I LOVE her and any second of video, fuzzy, delayed, whisper quiet, whatever, I LOVE it.

thanks for posting these. Where is our Countdown to Christmas?

Kelly Dowling Stimpson said...

Never knew fridge doors could be so fun! That is the best part of this video. What concentration! She can sing on command and STILL open and close all the doors she wants to! Amazing.

Tessa said...

I love it!!!!! Can't wait to see her at Christmas. Completely adorable. Taryn - you MUST get all those cute songs she knows recorded. Priceless!

Granum Family said...

Those are the cutest videos I have ever seen!!!! She is too cute! Love her!