Wednesday, February 17, 2010

conversation hearts

I was asked to do a baking demonstration for the Young Women in our ward at our weekly Tuesday night activity. I thought it would be really fun to teach the girls some tips about making and decorating sugar cookies. Since it was only a couple days after Valentine's Day, I thought these conversation heart cookies would be perfect! I was so pleased with the way they turned out.
I even got brave enough to finally work with fondant. I cut out a bunch of x's and o's for the girls, and when I got home, I made one with my name.

7 comments:

Kelly Dowling Stimpson said...

I'm glad we conquered our fear of fondant that day, Taryn. We can do anything!
Adorable cookies!

Tessa said...

Cute cookies! cute cake! Sheesh - I don't check for a week and I have so many posts to catch up on! They are all great and I'm glad reese had such a great #2. When I'm a mom I want to be like you. Will you be giving lessons when that time comes?

Heidi said...

Cute! Now can you fly out to Vegas and do the same activity with my young women? ;-)

Alisha Haight said...

These were so cute, the girls loved them!!

Lauren said...

you busy blogger, you! keep it up

Tracy and Odie said...

martha stewart, anyone?

Jamie said...

So cute. I wish I was there for a lesson!