Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Reese turns 2!

Reese turned two on Monday and couldn't have asked for a better day! We sang to her at breakfast and put her candles in her chocolate doughnut, we sang to her at lunch and she blew out the candles on her princess cake, and we sang to her at dinner and she blew out her last two candles in her brownie sundae! What else could a two-year-old ask for?

Reese LOVES when you sing the birthday song to her!
Here is the little princess in her favorite "tutu dress". She loves this dress and wants to wear it every single day! (She thinks it is just like June's dress in the Little Einsteins.)

I was so glad that MommaCat could come to help us celebrate Reese's birthday, and to help me with her birthday treats! For six weeks Reese has been telling me that she wants a purple and pink cake, so I decided on a pink princess castle with some purple details.

I LOVE that Reese's birthday is so close to (but not on) Valentine's Day because of all the fun, colorful candies available and treats you can make. Since Reese still loves pink, it works out perfectly! I had my eye on these love-bug cookies since last year and was so excited to make them for Reese.
We had Reese's 2-year check up a couple days later and she passed all the tests with flying colors! Her doctor asked if she could jump (yes!) and kick a ball (yes!), and I said she has been working on catching and throwing a ball (she's not supposed to be good at that until she is 3!) Reese is in the 97th percentile for height and 60th percentile for weight. I'm so proud! And Reese was very brave during her shots. For being such a good patient, Reese got to pick out two rubber duckies...she chose a duck dressed as a doctor and a duck with a bucket and a shovel (she can't wait to go to the beach this summer!!).
I can't believe my baby is two years old! She really is such a sweetheart and so smart and funny. It has been such a joy to watch her grow up these last two years and I feel so blessed to be her mommy.

3 comments:

Kelly Dowling Stimpson said...

What a fun weekend I had with you and Reese! Love y'all!

Abby said...

Oh I love that little lady--such a doll. Happy birthday Reese!

Lauren said...

Now I REALLY hope I have a boy so I won't have this kind of pressure to live up to! You have simply OUT DONE yourself sister - amazing! and, I love the heart cookies with fondant - such precise technique! magazine worthy even!