Monday, August 22, 2011

monty 2011: part two

After an entire week of total family togetherness, the husbands and working sister had to head home. V. sad. But Lindsey and Olivia, Lauren and Blair and my two tykes and I got to stay for an extended visit. It was so much fun to have all the cousins together. Our days mostly revolved around each of their eating and napping schedules (someone was always asleep, it seemed), but we did attempt at least one outing every day. It was a little bit hectic to try to load everyone up, to say the least--and usually by the time we did, it was time for at least one of the babes to go back to sleep, but we managed to fit in some fun adventures.


Tessa should really get into wakeboard performing...like at Sea World. Look how graceful!
This little girl kills me. She has a smile that takes over her face, and when she's excited, she will really let you hear it!
One day on our way to the lake, we stopped at my parent's lot to pick some cherries. We didn't have all the right equipment (our ladder wasn't nearly tall enough), but we reached as many cherries as we could in the safest way possible. And they were delicious!!!
And, look, they match her cover up!
Reese got some playtime at the lake with her buddies Ava, Ella and Luke. Silly kids. Almost impossible to get them all looking at the camera at the same time!

Hudson guy was so easy going...just happy to be doing whatever it was we were doing. Such a sweetie.

The kids and I went with my parents to the 10th Anniversary of The Event at Rebecca Farm, the largest equestrian triathlon in the U.S. and a selection trial for the 2012 London Olympics. Many of the world's best horses and riders come to compete in dressage, cross-country, and show jumping. We watched the cross-country races and we had a blast!



How cute is this bathing suit?! It's Blair's. She and Reese traded suits for the afternoon.

MommaCat and Kim on the tube with Reese. I can't remember the last time I've seen my dad on a tube. But they sure look like they're having fun!

Hudson spent most of his time lounging under the umbrella on the dock. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon!
A friend from across the lake and I had a blast on the paddle boards! I thought for sure I was going to fall in the water, but despite a few wobbly moments, I managed to stay on my feet. I can't wait to do it again!
MommaCat and Reese on the paddle board...we told Reese to sit as still as a statue and she did! Neither of them fell in either. Impressive.

Dean is such a fun uncle. Reese wouldn't let him out of her sight!
And we can't forget about Connor--Dean's bff and Reese's first crush. These two have a special bond. ;)

I think this picture says it all. Fun, fun, fun until we dropped. (But still holding our sugar cookies gingerly, so as not to break it into bits.)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

these pictures say it all - worth a thousand words! it was the best vacation ever. reese is a mush - hudson doesn't take a bad picture (hello, PB kids catalog), Olivia is so funny and why does Blair always look bewildered in pictures. Bless'er.

miss y'all love y'all!