Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Happy Birthday to Us!

Two Sundays ago, I shared my 23rd birthday with my twin sister Lauren. To celebrate the occasion, on Saturday I ventured to a new mall in Arlington, Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, to do a little shopping for myself and for Lauren (her present didn't actually make it to her on time--oopsies). I can't believe I had not discovered this mall until just this past weekend--it was fabulous! The Nordstrom, alone, was probably the biggest--with the best shoe department--I have ever been to! It is also the home to such stores as French Connection, Kenneth Cole, Coach, Apple, Sony, MAC Cosmetics, Sephora, Williams Sonoma, MOVADO, Tourneau, A/X Armani Exchange, Banana Republic, BCBG, Ann Taylor, BeBe and Arden B. Wow, overload!

Of course I didn't have enough time to do the type of damage I easily could've, but I did make a few laps around Nordstrom to try to find the perfect gift for Lauren. And, as it was also my birthday, I thought I might get myself a little treat too!

It has been my quest to find the perfect mascara, practically since I started wearing makeup...in my research, I've read countless reviews, asked trusted makeup artists and salespeople, and tried many different brands...and I think I may have actually found the perfect mascara! Christian Dior's "Diorshow" tops the charts! I even managed to get a set of two mascaras...the big one to do the thickening and the skinny one to do the lengthening! (It's my birthday, right? gotta splurge!) It works like a dream!

As some of you may know, I had a little incident with the eyelash extensions that I got for Lauren's wedding. They lasted about a month and still looked surprisingly good; but I was ready to give my eyes a good rub, so I had a friend help me take them off. I got some special lash-remover stuff to dissolve the glue, and we were pretty careful...but not careful enough and unfortunately, my once full set of lashes is now quite sparse. I freaked out and bought some product that is supposed to make your eye lashes grow fuller and faster, and since I'm an optimist, I'm going to say that it's working. But, this mascara is so good (and with a few coats, a la Lauren), and makes your lashes look so full, you would never know that I am actually missing a few!

I am in love! Do yourself a favor and check this out...you won't be disappointed.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey I never heard about your eyelashes coming out with the extensions! Yikes. Note to self- never get eyelash extensions.

Lauren said...

I'm sitting here with Mom, we just read that... haha! Finally catching on after 10 years of me saying, "taryn, another coat! curl those lashes... ok, and another coat" Well done sista. I'm DEFINITELY going to get some Diorshow. What is it, $35? (perfect lashes are worth any price)

taryn said...

Yeah, something like that...I think they were each about $25-$35. Sounds like a lot when you are used to paying $12 from the drugstore, but after two weeks with Diorshow, I'm not sure I will ever be able to go back...even if it does mean Michael and I have to eat ramen for a week to afford it. ;) a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do!