Sunday, May 06, 2007

Aunt T

Meet Tyson Isaac Redfern, my nephew.



Tyson was born on Wednesday, May 2. Mr. and Mrs. R flew in from Utah that afternoon and headed straight to the hopital in Maryland to meet their new baby. On Friday, they got to bring him home to Grandma Gee Gee's house, where they will be staying for two more weeks! I got to meet Tyson on Friday, and he is quite possibly the smallest baby I have ever seen...he was 6 lbs 4 oz when he was born...the last baby I saw so soon after birth was Dean, and he was 10 lbs 8 oz when he was born.



This is the perfect little face that I got to look at when I held him on Friday...right before he fell asleep. Tyson is usually awake for about 15 or 20 minutes every 3 hours. hee hee. Just long enough to have something to eat, and then back to napping; so I got lucky, I guess, to hold him while he was awake. We bonded. We are both little T's...that's something special, I think. I am so excited to have the R's here for two more weeks and to be in Utah this summer so that I can see little baby Tyson all the time!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Taryn- Congrats on becoming an auntie! It is truly so wonderful and will bring you so much joy- it's all play and no work (not really) with mushers.

mattnbeth said...

oh my gosh, hes so precious! congrats to the family and you! its fun being an aunt :)

Lauren said...

musher alert. can't wait to see the baby Tyson. Will you use aunt -t for your stimpson nieces/nephews too?

blythe said...

Congrats. What a cutie! I secretly check Lindsey's blog and couldn't wait to see pics of baby Tyson!

Lindsey from The R House said...

...you are righT. the T connecTion is very sTrong. now leT's geT Those finals over wiTh so you guys can really hang ouT!

Tessa said...

Isn't aunthood fun? (I can only imagine)... I guess I didn't realize that you weren't an aunt yet. And that Lauren is the aunt to tons of nieces and nephews. Congrats Tary. I'll get to be an aunt pretty soon, too. (so excited!) Luckily Duffy is already the favorite uncle- so since I hang out with him, I am the favorite (almost) aunt, too. Can't wait to play with you this summer! I was at Chris' pool today daydreaming about all the fun we can have there while our hubbys are at work during the week, and the mean games of water bball/vball we can have with them on weekends :)