Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Summer of Taryn

This is what Michael has dubbed this summer. Right now we are a couple weeks into the internship that Mike has at the US Attorney's office in Salt Lake City. He seems to be enjoying it so far. When he first started, he used to go to the courthouse and see criminals be sentenced. He is working in the General Crimes division, although he is pretty sure he never wants to practice criminal law.

This job only goes until July 13th--Mike wanted to maximize his time this summer and get as much experience in different types of law as possible. Last week, he accepted a job in Kalispell, MT for the second half of the summer! He will be working with the TOP real estate attorney in town for about 25% of his time, and he will work with the hospital for the rest of the time--so the he can be exposed to all the types of law that the hospital is involved in. Not only does this sound like a really amazing opportunity for him, but it also means that we will be living in the "casita" at my parents' house! Could I have planned this summer any better?! The first half of the summer living with my twin, and the second half hanging with my parents and Dean! My husband is too good to me.

After Mike finishes a day of work, we will have about 5 hours (it doesn't get dark in Monty until about 10pm) to hit the lake, go golfing, wakeboarding, tubing, waterskiing, kayaking, whatever we feel like! You know what they say about all work and no play...hee hee.

Here are just a couple pics of all the fun we had on our visit to Kalispell last summer:



...on our trek to Glacier National Park...



...playing on Lake Blaine...



...cheering for Dean at the championship game...



...and making final preps before my mom's "welcome to the neighborhood" party. All these fun things in less than a week--just think about how much fun we will have in five weeks!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

oh, thanks for posting. last summer's monty trip was so much fun! Many more adventures to come - this time make sure I'm in the boat before Mike jumps off the back... okay?

Granum Family said...

What a fun summer for you!!! I would love to be around my family all summer, jealous!

Heidi said...

I too am jealous of all your play and no work- plus with family. That top photo you posted is GORGEOUS- you guys of course, but also the scenery. Wow I really need to come visit Monty- don't forget our plans for once we have babies!

mattnbeth said...

wow tar, youre spoiled and lucky! :) im so happy you get to be close to all family members this summer. its going to be hard to move back east!

alma and nicole smith said...

taryn, that sounds awesome! i love looking forward to a fun trip.

Unknown said...

Taryn,

So I didn't know you were a little baker--that is so cute. I wish I liked to bake more, but it's so technical and sometimes I lack the patience. Your sweet treats are super cute!

Anyway, in answer to your question, Go-toGirls.com is going to be an online meeting place for creative ideas. People will be able to post projects including cute crafts they've made, scrapbook pages they've completed, cute parties or showers they've thrown (complete with themes, games, etc), festive holiday ideas, and great recipes. Anyway, I was wondering if I could possibly post those darling Santa cookies you made and also that super clever multi-colored brownie mix--I loved that. Anyway, let me know.

So good to hear from you!