Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Wedding Party Favors

For my second act as a wanna-be professional baker (the first being the cupcake tasting party), I made sugar cookie wedding cakes. When I got to Utah, Tessa asked me if I would make favors for the wedding party. At first she wanted just a normal sugar cookie with the initial "O" on it for Olson, her new last name...but after our consultation, we decided that a wedding cake sugar cookie would be a bit more festive for the occasion. (I did end up piping a blue on on the top tier of each cake.)

This was definitely a learning experience for me, as I experimented with different layer sizes and different frosting techniques. It was also a more lengthy process than I initially anticipated and I was working on them right up until I had to get ready to go to the temple. But, I am happy to say the final product was a success. And, I am available for hire, if anyone needs some wedding cake party favors!







7 comments:

Heidi said...

These were too cute- I want to host an event so you can be my caterer...

amber said...

Hi Taryn!
This is Amber (Dixon) Goodson. I clicked through a link on Lindsey's blog, and found you! These photos are gorgeous--I can't tell you how fun it is to see all your beautiful faces. Your family is doing so well...it's really wonderful! If you guys ever head out to Palo Alto or San Diego let me know--it would be a blast to catch up.

blythe said...

You look beautiful Tar! The wedding cake cookies are adorable and I would hire you in a second!

k. said...

Precious, Taryn. Those are so cute.

niki said...

once again, tar, you have successfully amazed me! there is no end to the talent the stimpsons possess! oh and you look simply gorgeous in these pics!

mattnbeth said...

wow, im impressed. you should become a professional!

Kelly said...

ok when you come out to Utah next you need to come over and teach me some of your mad cooking skills...I am so impressed!!