Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Gang's all Here!

Ok, ok, I know this information is old news...but I've been busy. And I have all these cute pictures to post! During our last weekend in Montana, the whole family was able to get together! (well, almost the whole family...Lindsey wasn't able to make it, but she'll be home from Guatemala before we know it!) Tessa flew in Thursday morning, Ben flew in Thursday afternoon, Duffy flew in Thursday night--we were making airport runs all day long! As soon as the gang was all here, the fun could begin. The boys started Friday morning with a round of golf on Eagle Bend. The girls decided to make lunch for our boys and got this great shot when we delivered their sandwiches! (Mike didn't get the memo on the blue shirt, I guess.)


On Friday night, I tried my hand at fish tacos for the first time. Not as intimidating as I thought it would be...they were awesome! Dean walked in the kitchen and saw the pot of oil for frying and said, "Whoa...are we frying something?! I don't think this family has every deep fried anything!" (Growing up with all older sisters, he hasn't had many opportunities to eat homemade cooking that wasn't mostly healthy...at least not at our house. He's right, I can't think of one time that we have deep fried something in our own kitchen...hee hee.)

On Saturday morning, bright and early, we hit the lake to get some skiing in on the glassy water. At 8:30am, the sun has just come over the mountains, and it is not exactly warm yet. You'll notice how I am bundled up from head to toe. The boys said the water was warmer than the air, but I was still to wussy to get in...not until it warmed up, anyway.

After the boys skiied, Richard, a friend of my parents who is kind enough to pull us all behind his boat, took us out on his other toy--a ski boat he has had since he was a teenager! Check it out! I think that vintage look is coming back!

When we cruised across the lake, it felt like we were almost sitting right on the water. It was super-fun...until we ran out of gas in the middle of the lake...then we had to wait for someone to come and tow us. What an adventure!

On Saturday night, we had a little dinner party and a good friend of my dad's, Tabo, came over to teach us all how to make sushi! It was so much fun! My dad made some beef tenderloin and my mom made some green beans wrapped in prosciutto and a salad to round out the menu (we have been eating well this summer!).
I'm hoping to remember all the things we learned from Tabo about sushi to host my own sushi-making party! It was so yummy! Happy Sumo's got nothing on us!

After a long day, and a fun-filled weekend, we sat out on the newly-extended patio and enjoyed the new fire pit. What a perfect way to end our fabulous summer!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Tar you really did have the most relaxing summer- I think we are all jealous. Fun to have all the fam together, next time it will be with Lindsey too, right?

Kelly said...

That is so much fun!!! I love family fun stuff..and way to go on the Sushi thing...I have never been a real fan but have only tried once. I heard its an aquired taste.

mattnbeth said...

im sure it was hard to come back to va. you had the longest vacation ever! i was jealous. i love all the pics. we need to get together soon. i would love to see you and your little belly :) if you have one, whuch im sure you dont!

Lauren said...

awesome post. loved the pictures - and those memories! (tear) christmas will be AWESOME