Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Although this is the title of one of the most popular songs from the Christmas Holidays, I find it very appropriate to describe this time of year as well--Daylight Saving. Personally, by the time the first day of daylight saving arrives after a long, cold winter, I get just about as excited as I do for Christmas morning. No kidding. (Likewise, the worst day of the year, in my opinion, is the first day after we set our clocks back and hour...when you leave work at five o'clock pm and it is already pitch black outside. So depressing.) The fact the Daylight Saving now comes around a couple weeks earlier and ends a couple weeks later rivals the best Christmas present I have ever gotten! Reese and I enjoyed the extended daylight hours yesterday by going on a walk to the law school so that we could walk home with Michael. So fun! And that is just the beginning. Here's to you, Daylight Saving!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Tar I think you already know that I agree with you 100%! I could definitely do without daylight savings at all! I like the light at night. And I am glad it's stint has been shortened by a few weeks on each end.

Lyns said...

Amen Sister! It has FINALLY gotten warm enough that we can actually go outside! Ava absolutely adores it and throws a MASSIVE fit when we have to go inside. We have all been cooped up for far too long! Here's to spring!