Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Checking in at 2 weeks

Today is a milestone. For the past two weeks, my sweet daughter has dictated when I wake up in the morning. This morning was the first morning that I woke up on my own, and long before Reese. This is the sweet face that I saw when I went in to check on her.

I will be the first to say that Reese has spoiled me with her awesome sleeping habits, but last night definitely takes the cake! I put Reese to bed around 9:30pm, she didn't get up to eat until just after 3am, and then she didn't wake up again until 9am! (And, she might have slept even longer, but I had to get her started to go to her 2-week check-up at 9:45.) I woke up yesterday with some flu-like symptoms and took some ibuprofen in the evening, and my first thought was that I drugged her with my meds and that was why she was sleeping so long. I asked the doctor this morning and she said maybe if I were taking Percocet that might have knocked Reese out, but ibuprofen definitely didn't do it. So, Reese really did have an amazing night all on her own!

In other news, Reese had a great visit to the doctor...she now weighs 8 lbs 6 oz...a 15 oz weight gain in 11 days! So, I guess she is getting enough to eat (so hard to tell when you can't measure in ounces on a bottle). Reese's doctor was also very impressed by the way she was holding her head up on her own..."as good as a four-month old" were the exact words of the pediatrician, I believe. (Michael, that's for you. He makes fun of parents that brag about their kids when they are in the 95th percentile of this, or the 98th percentile of that...or "he's not supposed to be doing that for another two weeks!". Maybe now that he has a daughter, he will understand the desire to brag to everyone about even the smallest accomplishment.) So, at two weeks, Reese gets an A+.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

She is gorgeous! Oh, I get all excited when I see her and can't wait for my newborn. Especially if he sleeps like Reese!

blythe said...

Way to go Reese. Sounds like she is a perfect baby!

Lyns said...

You are so lucky! How wonderful that she sleeps like that! She is absolutely beautiful and it's so nice to have a good doctor's appointment. Way to go Reese! She really is amazing! :)

Jessica F. said...

A++ She is so adorable!

natalie said...

Taryn, she is so beautiful. She has beautiful coloring too. And way to be a sleeper! WOW! You are very lucky. COngrats on being a new mommy. It is the sweetest thing we get to do! Hope all is well!
Natalie Beal

Heidi said...

You for sure lucked out with the sleep thing! Michael kills me, I can totally imagine him teasing people about that, but hello you have to brag when you are a parent- you created this human being after all!

Ashley and Nate said...

Hey Taryn, I'm Lindsey's friend from Minnesota. Your baby is gorgeous!! Our Hannah must be about 4 months older than Reese. Isn't she Fun Fun Fun!...although you're sleep deprived:)We have a blog if you're interested: www.nateashleyhannah.blogspot.com
It's so fun to see your cute blog!

Lauren said...

Reese is the most adorable little one. Can't WAIT to see her, Tar. I long for new pictures everyday...

Lindsey from The R House said...

sleeping beauty.