Wednesday, July 02, 2008

For real this time...

So, a couple posts ago, I was seeking clarity on the "sleeping through the night" issue and wondering if our little Reese had finally joined the ranks of babies who sleep through the night. I decided that since I had to go into Reese's room numerous time during the night in question, even though I didn't have to feed her until after 5am, it probably didn't count. After a few more lousy nights, Reese finally had an awesome night, one which I would definitely consider "sleeping through the night". I put her to bed around 9pm last night, and she slept until 5am (when it was starting to get light in Monty)--no fussing or binkie malfunctions or anything, I fed her and put her back in her bed and she went back to sleep until 8am! wahoo! She was all smiles this morning (which is normal for her) and so were the mommies! (My mom has been "on duty" with her during the wee hours of the nights since we've been here so that I can catch up on some sleep, that sweet lady!) I'm hoping this is a new trend for her and not just a fluke, although she did have quite the busy day running errands all morning and hanging out at the lake all afternoon. Poor little dear was all tuckered out!

And, here's a little taste of just how happy Reese was after a full night of sleep. We played a new game and Reese couldn't get enough!


8 comments:

Lyns said...

Oh my goodness. That video is hilarious! There is nothing like a little baby laugh to make you just smile! That is definitely sleeping through the night. Good job Reese! Just beware though, once you think you've got it down, it takes a downturn, then just as quickly, an upturn. It's a little roller coaster! BTW - hearing your laugh and hearing you talk makes me miss you and takes me back to London!

Jessica said...

Yay for Reese sleeping through the night! That is so nice for you!

And I just love her little laugh! She is too cute!

Jessica F. said...

I love this post for so many reasons! Congrats on a full night of sleep. I am sure it felt like the BEST thing ever!

Miss you and miss that laugh!!!

Lindsey from The R House said...

i love how hard she is laughing at the end. when i played the video....tyson came running over. he was glued on the screen and even giggled with her a few times. then he was pointing and saying, "baby."

i can't wait for these two to get together. it's going to be a blast!

Heidi said...

She is such a giggler! Hope you are having fun in Monty (um I know you are but just saying it anyway)!

mattnbeth said...

oh my gosh tar, she has the cutest little laugh. doent it just make your day. i love it. congrats on sleeping through the night too. i think she beat zoie. she was 7 or 8 mths before that happend. so where does your family live in montana? were coming to montana next week and id love to see you if possible.

Lindsey from The R House said...

this is the third time we have watched this. now tyson is blowing her kisses. he has is elbows on the desk and his chin resting on arms.

he loves her.
me too.
we are smitten.

lauren ann said...

That is classic... I can't help laughing with her.