Wednesday, July 16, 2008

john mayer or bust

My family LOVES John Mayer. Lindsey and I especially love John Mayer. We have all of his CDs, we know all the words to his songs, and we never miss an opportunity to see him live. Not even the pouring rain could keep us away...literally. Lindsey and I drove to Maryland to see John Mayer in concert the other night, and it was a torrential downpour when we got to the venue! We sat in the car for a little while waiting to see if the rain would lighten up at all before we went in--oh, did I mention that the venue was outside, and our tickets were for the lawn behind the seats? As we walked in, we saw people walking back to their cars who were already drenched. At first I thought the show was canceled, but these people just weren't the superfans that we are.

We got there just in time to see the end of the opening act, which was pretty good timing because tons of people got there really early to save the best seats on the lawn...those people were all completely soaked. Lindsey and I came somewhat prepared for the rain--I brought an umbrella and a rain jacket and she brought a hoodie. The entire lawn area was a muddy mess and people were falling and getting stuck in the mud left and right, but we found a nice little spot in the front (we were a little closer than it appears from this picture). Unfortunately, a group of people came to stand behind us and one of the girls kept slipping, falling on her rear and kicking me in the back of the legs! (Luckily, she didn't ever take me down with her!) But, when John came out and started playing his set, nothing else mattered. He was fantastic! He played some of my favorite songs, he was fun and witty and made everyone feel good that we were standing in the rain to see him. (It did, in fact, rain the entire time we were there.)

Lindsey and I had so much fun! It was the perfect last hoorah before she moves to San Diego at the end of the month.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

No way! How fun that you guys did that,. rain and all. I once went to a John Mayer concert up at Deer Valley in college. The weather was perfect and so was he!

Andrea Hatch said...

I am so jealous! Even though it rained it looks like you guys had tons of fun!

Hinton Family said...

That is so fun that you were able to do that. I have been to a concert of his and loved it.

Jessica F. said...

How have I not heard about this????

Lauren said...

tomorrow's his concert here... we cannot wait! any btw - you are a SUPERFAN!

blythe said...

I think the rain makes the concert sound more fun and exciting! You and Lindsey look so cute!

Tessa said...

How Fun! Yes, I am jealous. Settling for an Amos Lee concert tomorrow. I'll let ya know how it goes :) Give Reesie-roo a hug and kiss for me!