Monday, October 06, 2008

Home Again...to Visitors!

When you're sad about the end of an amazing week-long vacation, what could be better than coming home to visitors?! Well, I guess they are not technically my visitors, since they didn't stay with us, but I got lucky that Lacey and Ashton were in DC for a few days visiting Lacey's grandparents and Reese and I got to play with them! We met Lacey and Ashton downtown and went to the newly re-opened National Museum of Natural History. It was my first time to go to this museum too, since it has been closed for renovations practically since we moved here, and it was really cool. Reese loved it too, and LOVED her new best friends!
Reese's favorite part was this little gem. Her eyes got as big as saucers when she saw it...she tried to get her hands on it, but the glass was in the way...and then we got yelled at by the security guard for touching the glass. Oopsies.
After the museum, we went to Georgetown for some shopping and dinner. We went to Johnny Rockets for burgers and fries and Reese got her very own balloon! Talk about hours of fun!
It was such a fun afternoon and so good to see Lacey and Ashton again. Come again soon!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Is Reese wearing capris? I could die! I am counting down the minutes till I finally get to meet her (and see you of course). Sounds like a fun day!

Lauren said...

so fun! What a gemstone that is!!! Put that on our list of places to see when I get there. I LOVE the pics of Reese - has she considered modeling?? Wish Ben and I could have come when A&L were there... there is fun wherever they are!

natalie todd said...

Hey Taryn... So fun looking at all you guys have been up to. Your sisters wedding looked amazing and so much fun to be with your fam. Reese is so big and absolutely adorable! Hope all is going well in VA. Sounds like you are having fun and liking it there. We miss you!

Jessica F. said...

Visitors are the best!!!

Tessa said...

how adorable! These might be the cutest pics of reese ever! Glad you got to play with lacey! looks like it was a fun day!

Andrea Hatch said...

That picture of Reese with the balloon is so adorable. I love how her hair is standing on ends! And I LOVE Johnny Rockets if you ever want to go again!

Jen and Bryan said...

Taryn, I just got an email from a friend slaiming she saw a picture of my dad on your blog and wondering how I knew you. Small world. Your family is darling... I had NO clue you had a baby! No one tells me anything. Anyways, I have a blog and from there you can also get to Neal and Lisa McCann's blog. (Neal is pregnant with #2 and Bryan just got engaged.) Hopefully you won't mind me spying on you. We should probably get to know each other now that we are all grown up. :)
Jen Meacham (now Wyeth. Chris and Lesley's second daughter... and their fave of course)

Ash and Lace said...

yay for vistors! can we come again or should i say can i come again? We had a blast and I think next time I'll just come and stay with you and just have girl time...how about that! I miss you guys and truly think world of you and your darling family!