Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Wedding Week 2008

It was quite a busy and exciting week as we prepared for Lindsey and Mike's big day. Reese and I got to San Diego a week early to spend as much time as possible with the family, as well as to give Reese a head start getting on west coast time. A couple days later, the rest of the family started trickling in and the fun could begin!

First things first. Of course we had to spend some time getting pampered with the bride. Here is Lindsey simultaneously getting a mani and pedi...
...talk about Heaven! Reese even loved spending time at Nail Time and Spa in La Jolla and made quite a few friends with the nail techs. When I went to pick her up after my manicure, one of the girls ran over to me and insisted that I hand Reese over, saying that I shouldn't risk ruining my nails until we were absolutely POSITIVE they were dry. It had been at least fifteen minutes of dry time, so I'm pretty sure she just wanted a turn holding Reese. After nails, we went straight to a bridal shower for Lindsey thrown by all of our old friends in the seventh ward, which was a blast! Then we had an after-shower bachelorette party with sisters ONLY. We didn't have a chance to do that at the last two sisters' weddings, since Lindsey was on her mission, and it was so much fun!!

For the weekend, we stayed at La Costa Resort and Spa, where the reception was also to be held, and we spent some time enjoying the pool, or shall I say pools--fully equipped with a sprayground and waterslides...
...this little princess was LOVING the pool and playing with all of her Aunts and the MommaCat!
Meanwhile, the boys hit the course for a nice golf outing. Poor Mike has been away from the course for too long and came back with a few blisties. (I had to laugh imagining the scene from The Office with Andy playing golf...hilarious!)
The morning of the wedding, Lindsey was the coolest bride I have ever seen. And why not? By then, Lindsey had taken care of every last thing (with some help from Lauren and my mom). And, c'mon...when you look like this on your wedding day, what is there to worry about?
I think it is safe to say everything about Lindsey and Mike's wedding day went perfectly. Perfect weather, friends and family flown in from all over the country, perfect dress, beautiful flowers, delicious food, perfect day.

After the Temple, there was time for a quick bite at In 'N' Out before heading back to the hotel to get ready for the reception.

The night was beautiful, and it was so fun to see everyone who came to the party...especially Abby, who flew into town to be an honorary sister for the weekend! I couldn't have asked for anything more...except maybe for time to have slowed down. The week, and especially the weekend, went by WAY too fast.

7 comments:

blythe said...

Sounds like the perfect wedding! Everyone looks beautiful! Love the pics of Reese and her cute smiles!

Heidi said...

I forgot that she missed the last two weddings. How great to be all together again! Reese is the perfect smiler in all the pics!

tara said...

beautiful!! what a gorgeous wedding! Reese looks so adorable- how do you get her to smile straight at the camera in every shot?? she is definitely a stimpson girl!

Lauren said...

SOO- BEAU-tee-ful! (say it like we always do)

Andrea Hatch said...

You and your sisters are all so beautiful!! Lindsey is a gorgeous bride! And I loved your bridesmaids dresses!

Cardon & Whitney said...

Found your blog! and I agree with everyone else, your pictures are beautiful! Anyways thanks again for having me at your house, it was very nice to get out of mine for a little bit! Let me know if you ever want some more company :)

Carrie said...

Taryn. You look absolutely amazing. And gorgeous. Man. I think you're even skinnier than before you had Reese and that is beyond tiny. Wow. Tell me your secret. I still have about 10 lbs to go. Your family is darling and little Reese is hilarious. So cute. They grow so fast, huh! It's crazy. Take care!