Monday, April 06, 2009

Cherry Blossoms

Last week Reese and I went on a day trip to the Kenwood neighborhood of Bethesda, MD to see the beautiful cherry blossoms. It was a little rainy that morning, but by the time we got there, the rain had stopped and it was the perfect weather for a little stroll through the cherry blossom lined trees.

Then on Saturday, the weather was gorgeous, so we took Reese downtown to see the Cherry Blossoms around the Tidal Basin. But, it was an absolute madhouse downtown, so we decided not to try to fight the crowds with Reese in tow. But, she didn't mind. Reese had a ball, mostly because we let her loose on the Mall and she had tons of room to run around. Michael chased her while I dragged the stroller (why did we take that thing?!). She got to see some kites, some other kids, and some dogs (she gets SO EXCITED when she sees dogs!)--and she was a happy camper.


5 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the photo of you and Reese at the top- beautiful baby and beautiful momma! I really want to see the Cherry Blossoms in DC sometime- maybe next spring I will finally make it out!

Lindsey from The R House said...

i have the cherry blossoms! WAY TO MAKE ME HOMESICK!!

this last picture of REESE is KILLING ME!i miss you guys so much.

Jessica F. said...

I love this time of year!!! Reese is so darn cute. I love that girl!

blythe said...

such cute pictures! i heard it was a mad house with the cherry blossom festival. wish i was there!

Lauren said...

What a great post. Reese - this is your aunt lallycakes - and I LOVE you!

Also, great to see Michael on your blog - and enjoying himself. Tell him I said he should do that more. Both be on your blog, and enjoy himself. :)