Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

When I was growing up, every Easter my mom would make a bunny cake and let my sisters and me help decorate. Now that I have a little one of my own, I was very excited to carry on the tradition! For my first try, I'd say it went pretty well. But I can't wait until Reese is big enough to help me decorate--I think it could definitely use her touch.
Michael's idea to have a striped bow tie

We had a great Easter this year and had a blast watching Reese participate in her first Easter egg hunt. She was pretty excited about it for about four eggs...then she lost interest. I would find an egg in the grass and call to her to come over and put it in her basket and she would just walk on by. But, she got a baby duck Pez dispenser in her Easter basket, which she loves! She actually got a few ducks in her Easter basket and she loves to see ducks because she know what they say--when I ask her what a duck says, Reese says, "Cack, cack!" It is a crack up--I'll see if she will do it on video.
Here is Reese, scoping out the course before the fun begins. (sorry you can't see her whole Easter dress--it was freezing outside! but it was darling!)


Dad is about to introduce Reese to the goodness that is a Reese's peanut butter cup.

Dad wasn't opening the candy fast enough, so she had to help him out. Either that or she got her hands in there first to make sure Dad didn't eat her candy.

She popped that Reese's cup in her mouth so fast!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

There is no better candy than the Easter Reese's peanut butter cup!

I still can't believe your daighter walks and runs around! She is such a hoot.

That Easter cake you made looks almost exactly like the birthday cake my mom made me when I turned one!

Jessica F. said...

The cake is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen. You have the best traditions!!!

Ashley McNair said...

The cake turned out so so so cute!

Lauren said...

Ben just looked over and said, "hey, that looks like the cake my mom used to make" - what a great tradition! :) I am DYING Reese's outfit is so cute. I like it better with the added pants and festive polka jacket. Can't WAIT to see you two in t-2 days!

Cardon & Whitney said...

Little Reesey is such a heart-melter.

And way to go on that bunny cake!! Can't say I'm surprised.