Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday goodness

Reese and I planned an Easter cookie decorating party on Good Friday. I have had these cookie cutters forever and finally decided to try them out. I quickly remembered why I rarely make sugar cookies--the recipe that came with the cookie cutters, while delicious, was incredibly involved and detailed in its instruction. There are quite a few tricks when making sugar cookies--especially sugar cookies that are supposed to fit together and stand up when assembled--and once I got the hang of them, it went pretty smoothly. And we had a blast decorating them! Oh, and the kids did too. Here are a few pics of the fruits of our labor.





Thanks to Whitney for taking these pictures!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

I am of course impressed! Could you even eat them? They look too cute!

niki said...

When are you opening your own bakery? :) You are incredible!

Lindsey from The R House said...

my mom said they were the prettiest cookies she has ever seen! jealous we weren't there!!!

i am salivating.

Scott and Michelle said...

Maybe next year you could post your Easter treats BEFORE Easter so I can copy them. I thought my peep was pretty cute 'till I saw your pictures and now I'm feeling pretty pathetic. :o) You are darling Taryn!

Lauren said...

oooh so cute - well done! If you bring me one to florida next week I'll eat it. :) I LOVE your treats

Andrea Hatch said...

I'm so jealous that I wasn't there to help decorate. Those cookies are beautiful!! You have amazing baking skills girl!

Abby said...

Taryn, those are awesome! I knew I was missing out on a great time when I had to decline your lovely offer, but I didn't know I was missing out on the coolest cookies ever made too! Wish I could've been there:)

Jessica F. said...

Wish we could have been there... they look fabulous!