Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Baby Girl Shower

I have been involved in quite a few baby showers over the last couple years, and they have all been for baby boys! Of course all baby showers are fun and I love to plan a menu for any festive occasion, but a couple weeks ago I co-hosted a shower for my friend's baby girl and I was so excited to make some fun food for the little princess!

On Martha Stewart's baby shower episode this spring, Dani Fiori made the most adorable onesie cookies and I was dying to try them. When I offered to help with Ashley's shower, I knew onesie cookie favors were going to be on the menu. My sister Tessa was in town and was such a big help in all the baking and preparations--we spent almost the entire day before the shower baking and decorating these onesie cookies (we even had Ashley come over late the night before to help us decorate...just because we were having so much fun and wanted her to join us!). I was very impressed with how they came out, if I do say so myself.
Other items on the menu were as follows:
Meringue cookies with mini chocolate chips...I left out the espresso powder and they were so delicious!!!
Chocolate raspberry bars with white chocolate and almonds
...very good, if you like the chocolate/raspberry combo, but I would probably go easier on the jam next time.
Chocolate fountain with strawberries, bananas, and pineapple...compliments of Christin and Jessica
Yellow butter cake with vanilla buttercream...the most delicious frosting ever! (Even my husband, who says he doesn't like frosting, wouldn't eat the leftover cake without some extra frosting!)
Adorable pretzel rods dipped in chocolate and topped with sugar flowers...such a festive (and delicious!) addition to the table scape.
The party was a success and Ashley scored a ton of loot for the baby girl! Can't wait to meet the little dear!

4 comments:

blythe said...

so cute. i love the onesie cookies. yummy!

Ashley McNair said...

Best shower every. You are a baking/party throwing genius. Thank you so much!

Lauren said...

Girl parties are definitely the best! Well done you!

niki said...

I made onesie cookies for a shower I threw back in March. They were not nearly as cute as yours though! I seriously almost called you when I was making them to get some pointers on the icing! I think I would like to come to baking school at your house! :)