Thursday, June 18, 2009

bridal shower

Reese and I got to Utah on Thursday and our first order of business was to plan the menu for Tara's bridal shower!  I chose a couple recipes that I had recently tested at Ashley's baby shower, a few new recipes that I was anxious to try, and an old standby that is great for parties.  I was so excited to be able to get to work in Lauren's gourmet kitchen!!!  (I love staying at the Park City house when I go to Utah!)  Since Lauren has a job, and I don't have a car in Utah, we had to be very efficient with our time when Lauren got home from work on Friday evening.  I spent Friday finalizing the menu and making the grocery list, and wouldn't you know it, when we got to the grocery, I realized I had left the list at home.  Blast!  But, I am happy to report I remembered all but about three items on the list.

Here's what was on the menu:
Italian Chicken Salad Sandwiches on Croissants
Fresh Pineapple
Chocolate Chip Meringues
Chocolate cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream

Lauren was in charge of the decor for the party on Saturday evening.  We found the most gorgeous peonies at the store and Lauren arranged them beautifully.  She also had to huge arrangements at the door, and even left a flower and votive candle in the powder room!  And with all of her beautiful serving pieces, the tablescape was perfect for the occasion.






I was so happy to see Tara and was pleasantly surprised to see so many of the girls from our study abroad to London!  It was really a fun night--Tara said it was the most relaxed she has been in all of her wedding planning--and I think it was the perfect way to kick off the wedding weekend.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Whoa Tar your hair is getting so long- Very pretty.

tara said...

aww tar, it was so beyond amazing. I want the recipes for all of that yummy food! Maybe I will recreate the shower menu for Sunday dinner :) It was so fun to see you and everything turned out perfect. Thank you for all of your hard work with Lauren! When we left Niki said, "I want Lauren and Taryn to just do my whole wedding"-- I agree!