Friday, June 19, 2009

Tara's big day

Thank heavens it stopped raining in Utah long enough for Tara and Jared to get married!  It was a bit of a crazy day for me, trying to run Reese all over town so that I could enjoy the wedding festivities.   Reese took a nice, long morning nap so that I had enough time to get myself ready and to pack Reese's bag full of all her favorite things for the day.  I gave Reese some applesauce for lunch before we left, (which seemed to go down just fine), changed Reese into a pretty white summer dress and headed for Salt Lake.  Tara and Jared were sealed in the Salt Lake City Temple and Tara's sister Niki was so sweet to watch Reese for me while I was at the temple.  
Well, on the way down the canyon, I got a call from Niki--the bride was having issues with her falsey eyelashes--and I decided I had enough time to stop and get some eyelash glue.  Thank heavens I detoured because minutes before I got to the drug store, I heard a noise in the backseat of the car--that unmistakable sound of someone losing their lunch, shall we say.  Reese has not spit up or thrown up in at least eight months, and Reese had not shown any signs of feeling unwell, so I was totally shocked.  Her dress and car seat were covered, but still she seemed happy...until I took her "lovey Geoffrey" from her (I only brought one, and with no where and no time to wash it, I couldn't risk her getting him all dirty.  At the drug store, I made sure to buy more baby wipes, as I did not bring nearly enough for this kind of disaster.
Finally, Reese and I met up with Niki (and luckily, I brought a change of clothes for Reese) and I made it to the temple in the nick of time.  The ceremony was lovely!  Afterwards there were pictures outside the temple and Reese loved running around the grounds.  She even made a few friends!  Reese made it nearly impossible for us to stand still for more than a picture or two, and then we were off to make her next play date.  My long lost friend Jenny was so sweet to let Reese come over and play, and I know Reese had the best time.  Jenny has two sons and a daughter and Reese loves to play with them...and their toy cars!
I was off to La Caille for the reception.  I met the other bridesmaids in the bride room at La Caille--have you ever been to the bride room at La Caille?!  It was amazing!  Mirrored walls with at least eight stations of makeup mirrors and all the plugs you need for your curling irons and straighteners, perfect lighting, a bathroom and a dressing room (with the angled mirrors, so as to see your wedding dress perfectly!), and stocked with chocolate, cheese and crackers, and pop!  I wanted to just stay in there all night!  I would get married there just to have that bride room!
Anyway, the reception was beautiful (except for the blustery weather right when it was time to take the pre-reception pictures) and Tara looked drop-dead gorgeous.  That Jared--he's a lucky guy.  We had a really fun table of people and I got to see more of my London friends.  The tables were beautiful, the flowers were gorgeous and the food was delicious.  The only real surprise came when Jared playfully smashed cake in Tara's beautiful face.  I'll bet she didn't know it was coming.  

It was a really fun night and I was thrilled to be able to be there for such a special day.  


My London Girls.
Isn't their cake gorgeous?!

Now two of my besties share the same anniversary!  (Heidi and Ben got married on this day four years ago.)  That's easy to remember!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh no I didn't know about Reese's little disaster in the morning! You sound like you handle everything so flawlessly though, you are my inspiration! Tara is a beautiful bride, her marriage is destined for goodness since she got married on June 16th ;-)

Lindsey from The R House said...

oh no, reese! sounds like she was just carsick or something from the canyon...STRESSFUL for you.

what a beautiful event. i have always wanted to go to La Caille--perhaps when gav's adoption is final.

anywho--tara is beautiful and timeless, yes ...but you look STUNNING! blue is your color, sister.

now...hurry back to UT so i can see you and kiss on that reesie roo.

miss you guys!!!!