Monday, February 26, 2007

Outside the Snow is Falling...


Who would've thought that after multiple days in the 70s in January, we would have such a blustery snowstorm so late in February?! I woke up yesterday and looked out the window...it wasn't even raining. I went about my Sunday morning routine...lounging, reading, having a leisurely breakfast...we switched to afternoon church this year, which doesn't start until 1pm, so I have plenty of time on Sunday mornings to go at my own pace. (At first, I was bummed about the switch...I had afternoon Church at BYU almost every single year and I was thrilled to finally have the afternoons to take Sunday naps when we moved to the Arlington ward...but, I decided to find the brightside of the change, and I have really gotten used to having a long morning on Sundays to spend as I please!) Anyway, by the time I was dressed and ready for church--just putting the finishing touches on my makeup--Michael calls to me from the other room and says, "Taryn?...Church is cancelled." I looked out the window and it was a winter wonderland outside!

It didn't take me long to get back in my pajamas before Michael and I made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon watching movies. I had been a little under the weather, forgive the pun, over the weekend, so I was secretly really happy that it happened to be this particular Sunday that Church was cancelled. With such a powdery snowfall, Michael really wanted to go downtown to walk around the Monuments...and, since the rule in my house when I was little was "if you are too sick to go to school/church, you are too sick to go play," I decided that the opposite must also be true. I rested up all afternoon and by about 4:30, I was ready to get out of the apartment and get some fresh air. It was a little bit rainy by the time we got downtown, but it cleared up shortly thereafter and it was quite pretty!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

You guys are too cute! Sounds like a fun cozy Sunday. We have been having a big storm too and I think I may have to call in sick to work tomorrow because I barely made it home in all the snow in my little Honda!!

blythe said...

We have 8:30am Church so no lounging for us but as soon as I get home I usually take a nap! You two look so cute together in that pic.

mattnbeth said...

tar i was in the same situation sunday! and i was a little relieved also :) where was the pic taken of you two? its so cute!

Granum Family said...

We had a snowstorm too but church wasn't cancelled. Sounds like a fun, relaxing Sunday. You two look cute :)

Lauren said...

Hurray for you two, my little weekend explorers. I wish we had somewhere fun to walk. We even drive to the seven eleven that is two blocks away. how sad.

Lindsey from The R House said...

yea for the lincoln monument. i am totally homesick ...i could really go for a "free day!" looks like a blast. i can't wait to see MD in a few weeks.

Kelly said...

That really sounds so fun. I don't think we in Utah will ever have church cancelled, even in a blizzard. I love the pic of you two--so cute!!