Sunday, March 04, 2007

I scream, You scream...



Think of your most favorite thing to eat...something you could eat all day, everyday. For me, that thing is Cold Stone ice cream. I love it! Every time I see a Cold Stone sign, my mouth starts to water. For every birthday, holiday, special occasion, or event that allows me to justify a treat, Cold Stone is my go-to. Of course, if someone else suggests a trip to Cold Stone, I would never say no--that would just be rude.

One such occasion happened on Saturday night, after Michael and I went out to dinner with some friends. After we saw the dessert tray at the restaurant, we decided we weren't interested, but one of our friends suggested we go across the street to the nearest Cold Stone. (I think we will hang out with them more often!)

Why is it that I am a Cold Stone snob? Well, there are a few reasons. There's something about the concept of a mix-in that tastes so much better than a mere topping, the way the mix-in is intertwined into each bite (the days of finishing the topping with half a cup of ice cream left are over!). The rows and rows of candy-filled jars and the aroma of freshly-ironed waffle cones make my mouth water as I open the door to the store. But, the best thing of all--the thing that captures my loyalty--is the multitude of Cold Stone Original Creations that combine ice cream and mix-ins that compliment each other in ways you may not even imagine! A couple of my favorites are "Cookie Doughn't you want some"--French vanilla ice cream with chocolate chips, cookie dough, fudge and caramel--and "Breathless Boston Cream Pie"--French vanilla ice cream with yellow cake, fudge and whipped topping. The possibilities at Cold Stone are endless! And, I look forward to a lifetime of discovering all of them...one by one. Mmmm.

10 comments:

Heidi said...

My favorite is raspberries with graham crackers in sweet cream. Haven't been to a Cold Stone since before I married Ben... he isn't a fan.

Kelly Dowling Stimpson said...

Remind me not to read any of your blogs that have to do with food just before I go to bed. Excuse me, but I have to make a immediate trip to the kitchen....

alma and nicole smith said...

hey taryn, its nicole! awesome entry by the way...it was like someone finally understands the deep obsession of mine for good ice-cream! and i say good, because cold stone is the only place that has truly good ice cream in the united states. dont get me started about europe! anyway, fun to see your blog...good taste on the template! you always had a good eye :)

Anonymous said...

I heartily agree. It is the only way to eat ice cream! My husband likes to drive through Arctic Circle to get the Chocolate Dipped Cones but I would choose Cold Stone any day over that! My favorite is the Coffee Lover's Only (I would be a coffee drinker if it were allowed but I have to settle for the occasional ice cream dose of it).

Kelly said...

I LOVE cold-stone also:) Thanks for making me hungry!!

Granum Family said...

My favorite is mint icecream with brownies, carmel and hot fudge! Yummy!!!

blythe said...

yummmmm...my mouth is watering! good thing there are cold stones all over the country!

taryn said...

Heid, I'm sorry. Michael loves ice cream, and doesn't really care if it comes from Cold Stone or anywhere else. I usually don't go for fruity mix-ins, but that sounds so yummy!

Ooh, but coffee lovers sounds pretty good and any kind of ice cream with brownies and hot fudge is a definite winner. Oh, man, I am starting to really crave some more Cold Stone!

Lauren said...

I'll never forget the time our entire 21st birthday party revolved around your "cookie do-nut you want s'more" ice cream cake from Cold Stone. But if I have to play second fiddle, I'd play it to Cold Stone.

And I love your new template. Like Nicole said, "you always had a good eye"
:)

Totally unrelated comment: I keep great twinswear secrets.

taryn said...

oh, lauren, you weren't playing second fiddle to our birthday! But, c'mon, I had been planning to have the birthday cake since may! That's all I really wanted out of my 21st birthday! (did you know that cold stone has a birthday club? you get free ice cream on your birthday! so maybe next years cake will be on them!)

p.s.--what twinswear secret are you so proud of? uh, wait, don't post it on here.