Tuesday, February 12, 2008

D-day come and gone...

Ok, I guess the entire day is not over yet...but it is after 9pm and there has been no sign of a baby.

In hindsight, it's probably best that she didn't come yesterday, as my mom and I spent the entire day running much needed, post move-in errands. But today is the actual due date, and still no change. We spent today doing much of the same--we ran errands all morning, came home and unpacked more boxes--I must say the new place is looking a lot more like a home now!

We started the morning off at Let's Dish, putting together dinners for later. It was so much fun! There are a dozen or so stations at Let's Dish, each with the ingredients to make a different meal--you put the meal together in freezer bags and take them home to eat when you want. (Right now we are doing mostly take-out, as we don't have countertops or a sink just yet.) After Let's Dish, my mom and I went to some furniture stores, some carpet stores and, of course, Wegman's. By mid-afternoon, we had been walking all day and still no contractions. (What's a girl got to do?!) I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning and hopefully he will give me good news.

Until then...

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Hopefully your little girl comes soon. My poor boss' wife was 12 days overdue with her little guy, so here's to hoping it's not the same for you! Either way, you won't be sleeping much right?! Good luck!

Heidi said...

I have been to a place like Let's Dish only it was called My Girlfriends Kitchen. Fun stuff and a GREAT idea I think for a brand new mom who may not have time to cook. Baby Tike will be here by the weekend, that is my guess. Have fun with your mom in the meantime, and you know my tip for getting baby here sooner- ha ha although I have only heard that works I have no actual experience from which to draw and give you advice

Lindsey from The R House said...

i keep asking tyson if he knows anything ...i think he does and is really good at keeping secrets.

fingers are crossed.

blythe said...

Maybe you will have a valentine baby after all! Any new news yet?

Lindsey said...

Dang! I was hoping to a see a pic of your baby girl! Great idea about the Let's Dish. I wonder if we have something like that here...that is perfect for a new mom. Can't wait to hear the news!!